Shepard Battles Mutants and Space Robots in New Mass Effect 3 Screens

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Shepard Battles Mutants and Space Robots in New Mass Effect 3 Screens

It's not just men with guns you have to worry about in Mass Effect 3.

Over the last two Mass Effect games, there's no shortage of people who want to do harm to Commander Shepard. Sadly - for Shepard at least - that doesn't look like it's about to change in Mass Effect 3. If anything, it looks like the folks out for the commander's blood are more varied than ever.

[gallery=426]

Fighting off Cerberus foot soldiers is one thing, although Shepard looks to have the situation under control with a combination of assault rifle and biotic hadoukens, but fighting off a Cerberus battlemech is something else entirely. Not to mention Geth, mutated Batarians, and, of course, the immense Reapers who are the real villains of the whole Mass Effect story.

The enemies are looking nicely varied, and the screens hint at some of the variety in the setting as well. Some of them are clearly from the same frontier town/colony town as the recent Squad Leader [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/trailers/3874-Mass-Effect-3-Squad-Leader-Trailer] trailer, but others - especially the shot of the Reaper - hint at a much wider world, a world just waiting to be crushed by an ancient robot from space.

Mass Effect 3 comes out for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 on March 6th.

Apr 28, 2008
Oh goodie, more pictures of Shepard killing dudes.

Bioware, we get it, Shepard can shoot/stab/kill dudes like a boss. Can you release some shots of other things now? Things like new environments, characters, races, worlds... or, you know, anything other than combat/enemy shots? Please?

I want to admire the universe you created, and it's kind of hard to do that when Shepard and bad guys are in the way.

sephiroth1991

Dec 3, 2009
Mass Effect 3 Advertising seems to be doing what Dragon age 2 Advertising did for me showing me the Combat which is the thing I care least about, I'm more interested in the story and characters. However its looking solid from a game-play perspective.

Sucal

Dragonborn Ponyeater
Dec 23, 2009
They are called husks, not mutants. Mutants are the result of a mutagen... having reaper tech forcibly inserted does not count as a mutagen

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Love that screenshot of the Reaper landing, that looks awesome. All the other ones I don't care about, I think we've seen enough pictures of Shepard killing people by now. How about showing us some enviroments or characters other than Shepard and his squadmates next time BioWare.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
I agree, would be nice to be comforted that the whole game WON'T BE SET ON EARTH. It's like the first series of the New Doctor Who. You have a machine that can travel *anywhere* in Space and he chose to hump earth like a randy wet dog.

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
Geth? ... so what happend? heretics again? or just the regular Geth? reprogrammed? hope peace is still possible T_T dont just retcon the choice away.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
I'm actually kinda happy they're not showing me anything that I want to see. The more new and interesting stuff they show, the more I get hyped for it, and thus the more impossible my expectations become.

True, I could just ignore all these information releases, but damn it all I feel compelled to click on any piece of ME3-related news every time it springs up.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Irridium said:
Can you release some shots of other things now? You know, things like new environments, characters, races, worlds... or, you know, anything other than combat/enemy shots? Please?
Ahhhh but that's the thing, they want to keep that a surprise. They'll leave you sweating for a while, but the priiiize...

Xaositect

Mar 6, 2008
Irridium said:
Oh goodie, more pictures of Shepard killing dudes.

Bioware, we get it, Shepard can shoot/stab/kill dudes like a boss. Can you release some shots of other things now? Things like new environments, characters, races, worlds... or, you know, anything other than combat/enemy shots? Please?

I want to admire the universe you created, and it's kind of hard to do that when Shepard and bad guys are in the way.
I totally agree.

The problem is, Bioware dont.

Didnt you know? IT R VISSERRAL NAO! IT R COMPETITOR TO GEARS N GUN MAEK LOST OF MONIES FOCCUSING ON DUMBASS POINT N SHOOT!