Tweet Questions at BioWare, Get Answers Live at Gamescom UPDATED

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Tweet Questions at BioWare, Get Answers Live at Gamescom UPDATED

Anyone with a Twitter account has all the tools he or she needs to ask BioWare anything he or she wants.

If you have a question that you've been dying to ask the folks at BioWare, you're finally going to get your chance, as the studio is going to be answering questions live at Gamescom. If you've ever had a burning desire to know whether Hawke can juggle, or if Commander Shepard takes sugar in his coffee now's the time to ask. Or perhaps you have a more sensible question, which is ok too.

At 4:00PM local time - which is 3PM GMT, 10AM EST, and 7AM PST - BioWare will answer your questions about Warhammer: Wrath of Heroes. Then at 6.15PM local time - or 5:15PM GMT, 12:15PM EST, and 9:15AM PST - Fernando Melo and Mike Gamble, producers of Dragon Age and Mass Effect respectively, will take to the stage and answer even more questions. All you need to do to get your questions in front of them, is tweet them at the official BioWare [http://twitter.com/#!/biofeed] Twitter feed.

You can watch the entire session live via BioWare TV [http://www.bioware.com/biowaretv/]. And if you needed another reason to watch, as well as the questions, it seems that you'll also be able to watch our very own Miracle of Sound [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/miracle-of-sound] take to the stage for an interview, and to debut his new song.

UPDATE: It turns out that Miracle of Sound's [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/miracle-of-sound] BioWare interview is actually tomorrow at around 6PM GMT, or 1PM EST/10AM PST. You'll be able to watch him live on stage on BioWare TV [http://www.bioware.com/biowaretv/], and then watch the song on The Escapist on August 24th.

Furism

Sep 10, 2009
But Social Media Web 2.0 is the shit. Button, awesome!

More seriously, I had one question for them (which they won't hear since I don't have Twitter) is : can you please make another extension to DAO? Or at least 'real' Premium DLCs (that is, 10 hours+ of new content, in a different storyline)? I don't care for DA2 (DAO is better in my humble view), and many other people do, so why keep that money flow off?

What they did in the past for Neverwinter Nights 1 Premium Modules was great. The modules were nice. I just wish they had the same kind of support for DAO. Why don't they want my money?

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
How many gaming conventions are there? I feel like its one a week.

Xanthious

Dec 25, 2008
Someone should ask EA's whore how it feels to be just another sold out cog in the souless machine that devoured it. Maybe they could also inquire when we can expect "something awesome" to happen every time we press a button (BUTTON, AWESOME! BUTTON, AWESOME!)in all of their releases. Maybe they could inquire as to how much time Bioware employees spend "squee'ing" over just how darn cute certain NPCs are. Failing all of that hopefully someone asks them if they will kindly give up making games and go raise sheep or something rather than make a mockery of the great company they used to be.

Hristo Tzonkov

Apr 5, 2010
Xanthious said:
Someone should ask EA's whore how it feels to be just another sold out cog in the souless machine that devoured it. Maybe they could also inquire when we can expect "something awesome" to happen every time we press a button (BUTTON, AWESOME! BUTTON, AWESOME!)in all of their releases. Maybe they could inquire as to how much time Bioware employees spend "squee'ing" over just how darn cute certain NPCs are. Failing all of that hopefully someone asks them if they will kindly give up making games and go raise sheep or something rather than make a mockery of the great company they used to be.
Someone should ask the consumer whore how it feels to be just another angry post in the souless machine that devoured it.Maybe he could also inquire...

etc I'm too lazy to rewrite the entire thing only to get banned for trolling.Cut it out.Some of us like Bioware as it is and feel like they want to throw money away/burn it.We still remember the old Bioware but we don't consider it all in the past.People like you aren't satisfied with that tho,they want to ***** and moan on random forums because after 6 months it obviously isn't trendy enough.

Also I really like the Bioware fanpages on social networks.They are really involved with their community which is awesome.

Furism

Sep 10, 2009
Hristo Tzonkov said:
Some of us like Bioware as it is and feel like they want to throw money away/burn it.We still remember the old Bioware but we don't consider it all in the past.People like you aren't satisfied with that tho,they want to ***** and moan on random forums because after 6 months it obviously isn't trendy enough.
I consider myself a Bioware fan. I've got every single one of their games, sometimes several copies of them. I spent hundreds of hours on NWN1 and its extensions and DLCs. I spent 220 hours on DA:O. I completed ME six times, etc, etc.

Now I look at DA2 and I see the way they are going. They are trying to go "mass market", and that's fine. I can understand how the founders and execs want the company to grow. I just wish that didn't imply stop being who they used to be. Maybe they should keep that, and at the same time work on smaller market, "niche" games (if you can consider DA:O millions of sales "niche"). They don't have to release a new Dragon Age every year. They can do it every 4 or 5 years, make it a huge overall. But in the meantime, release extensions and stuff.

I miss the time where games had 2 or 3 extensions in the months following the releases. Now we get tiny DLCs ; some are fine, some are not. It's very rare now to get an extension with stand-alone story in the RPG world.

I just want to play a damn good RPG and Bioware used to be the company you looked at for that kind of stuff. Anyway, enough rumbling.

Hristo Tzonkov

Apr 5, 2010
Furism said:
Hristo Tzonkov said:
Some of us like Bioware as it is and feel like they want to throw money away/burn it.We still remember the old Bioware but we don't consider it all in the past.People like you aren't satisfied with that tho,they want to ***** and moan on random forums because after 6 months it obviously isn't trendy enough.
I consider myself a Bioware fan. I've got every single one of their games, sometimes several copies of them. I spent hundreds of hours on NWN1 and its extensions and DLCs. I spent 220 hours on DA:O. I completed ME six times, etc, etc.

Now I look at DA2 and I see the way they are going. They are trying to go "mass market", and that's fine. I can understand how the founders and execs want the company to grow. I just wish that didn't imply stop being who they used to be. Maybe they should keep that, and at the same time work on smaller market, "niche" games (if you can consider DA:O millions of sales "niche"). They don't have to release a new Dragon Age every year. They can do it every 4 or 5 years, make it a huge overall. But in the meantime, release extensions and stuff.

I miss the time where games had 2 or 3 extensions in the months following the releases. Now we get tiny DLCs ; some are fine, some are not. It's very rare now to get an extension with stand-alone story in the RPG world.

I just want to play a damn good RPG and Bioware used to be the company you looked at for that kind of stuff. Anyway, enough rumbling.
Consider it a not completely successful experiment then.What if they can appease the mass market and still keep a difficulty for the hardcore rpg fan.I believe it can happen,it's not like they don't have money pouring on them.

Oh and as for the DLCs...DA:O was actually more plagued with really short dlcs.From what I've seen in DA2 most were some preorder gimmicks and then a dlc with about 4 hours of gameplay.Sizeable in my book.