Critical Miss: Dead 'Sland

Totenkopf

Mar 2, 2010
Good point, and a funny comic that made me smile indeed.
If you take a look at the logo
you are only left to wonder "How did he do this!?"
It's still nicely designed in my opinion, despite this logic flaw.

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Huh, I never thought about that... maybe some varieties or ages of palm tree are sturdier and less bendy.

hipster666

Dec 13, 2009
Well, I'd say he climbed up and threw himself off as there is no stool or step nearby. Climbing palm trees is not so difficult and he would just have to guess the height so as not to make the rope too long, plus he'd get the benefit of momentum, possibly giving him the covetted neck snap desired in a hanging to minimise the pain felt.

Just saying...

killradio

Jul 22, 2009
I find it stranger that the fact that a pokemon is in this scene wasn't the first thing to be commented rather than the bendiness(?) of the palm tree, but still, maybe the palm bent down and then it's elasticity pulled it back up and so the guy's neck got broken.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Considering that Erin still has hallucinations, it's nice to see some random characters from time to time.

Now that you mention it... yeah, it doesn't make much sense if they hang from the leaves of a palm tree, but you'd be surprised at how sturdy those things could be.

Dominic Burchnall

Jun 13, 2011
Palm trees are more than sturdy enough to support the wieght of a fully grown human at the top, as demonstrated by the islanders who live where palm trees are native who can climb to the top to dislodge the coconuts.

You have to admire the guys' dedication though, since considering the effort involved with climbing the tree, while carrying a length of rope, then staying balanced on the top while fixing it in place and tying the noose, with an air conditioned hotel equipped with balconies and elevators about a 3 minute walk from the beach, you have to be really set on what item you want to be found hanged from.

BrunDeign

Feb 14, 2008
Wait wait wait... Games Radar reference? In MY Escapist comic?

Le gasp!

Great reference though.

PortalThinker113

Jul 13, 2010
Do I spy a GamesRadar reference? Are my two favorite websites on the Internet CROSSING OVER?? *faints*
Great comic, too! Now that I think about it...

TwoSidesOneCoin

Dec 11, 2010
Huh, I noticed they fixed the Dead Rising typo/error. Next comic should include Sharron (was that one or two r's?) chewing someone's ass out regarding the goof up.

Oh, Oh!

They should have the next comic with Sharron bitching at Erin about the error, all the while in Erin's mind, a video game character would be doing something threatening to Sharron! For example, Scorpion could be standing behind Sharron with his spear in hand, almost as if asking Erin if its ok to stab Sharron!

Bobbety

May 16, 2011
Hey! I spy GamesRadar editors, Mikel, Brett, Chris, and PC gamer editor Tyler Wilde!

Was this on purpose, eh?

aarontg

Aug 10, 2009
Hey it's the GR crew! It's gonna suck to have to put em down when I get the game. *revs chainsaw* but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Totenkopf said:
Good point, and a funny comic that made me smile indeed.
If you take a look at the logo
you are only left to wonder "How did he do this!?"
It's still nicely designed in my opinion, despite this logic flaw.
He'd have to be hanging from the leaves of the palm tree right? I think the leaves would (from where he's hanging) actually bend enough for him to touch the ground.

Also, wouldn't the full weight of an adult be enough to pull off the leaves, or at least break them?

The comic is right. It makes no sense.

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
Did anyone else keep getting a 404 error for this comic from the main page link? I had to get here through the link in the critical miss archive page.