Online Co-Op Sneaks Into MGS: Peace Walker

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Online Co-Op Sneaks Into MGS: Peace Walker

What could be more exciting than sneaking around disguised as a box and ambushing enemy soldiers? How about doing so with a friend?

Hideo Kojima's upcoming <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-Solid-Collection-Playstation-3/dp/B0050SX97I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315385466&sr=8-1>Metal Gear Solid HD Collection has a lot of fans excited about its fast-approaching release. However, the latest news from the man responsible for Solid Snake will undoubtedly help stir up even more of a frenzy: The included version of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker will feature online co-cop gameplay.

The co-op play is set to be included in both the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game. Not only that, but it's online co-op will be available in the PSP build:

It is possible to play the PSP version online, but to do so requires Sony's "adhocParty" app, and a connection to a PS3 that is using a wired internet connection. This version will be as simple as it is with any other Xbox Live/PSN game. And, Kojima confirmed, it'll run in 60 frames per second even with 4 players.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection is due out for the PS3 and 360 on November 8th.

Source: Joystiq

quantumsoul

Jun 10, 2010
So is each player playing a clone of Big Boss? If not officially that's how I'll rationalize it. Though I would like to see a prequel with Solid and Liquid together for coop.

Nedoras

Jan 8, 2010
quantumsoul said:
So is each player playing a clone of Big Boss? If not officially that's how I'll rationalize it. Though I would like to see a prequel with Solid and Liquid together for coop.
Not exactly. You generally play as one of the soldiers you "recruit" throughout the game. At least in co-op anyway. Even going solo you can play as one of your recruited soldiers, you don't have to play as Big Boss.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Well that certainly eliminates the only real use for adhoc Party [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adhoc_Party_for_PlayStation_Portable].

I'm glad I fan free those gigs off of my PS3's hard drive.

quantumsoul said:
That's how it was shown in promotional trailers, but it's not like that in game. If you yourself were playing online, you would show up as Big Boss and everyone else would be random MSF grunts. To the other players, it looks the same (they are BB, you are grunt). You also have the option of playing as an MSF grunt yourself or one of the various other models you can unlock, like guards and POWs and such, but only in Versus mode.

Honestly, I wish they'd let everyone look like Big Boss. There's enough in-game camos and outfits that would allow such awesomeness.

"Tuxedo! [http://uglystate.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/peace-walker-tuxedo-snake.jpg?w=480&h=272]"