New Minecraft Trailer Promises Adventure and Terror

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
New Minecraft Trailer Promises Adventure and Terror

Soon, Minecraft will have dungeons, villages, and creepy teleporting monsters.

An upgrade as big as Minecraft's 1.8, or "Adventure," update deserves a very special trailer. With this in mind Mojang has once again hit up the guys at Hat Films [http://www.youtube.com/user/HaatFilms] who have put together a trailer with appropriately epic aspirations.

The Adventure Update will add a whole host of new features to the game. Some of them will be big, like randomly generated dungeons and NPC villages, and others will be smaller, like the ability to sprint or deal out critical hits. There are even things that players probably won't consciously notice at all, like updated biome coding, but will appreciate all the same. It's not all fun and games though, as 1.8 also brings with it the mysterious "Endermen," who seem to be one part internet meme [http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/slender-man], and one part Weeping Angel [http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Weeping_Angel].

There's no definite date for when the Adventure Update will arrive, but Jens Bergensten, one of the game's development team, says that Mojang's best guess is September 8th.

Source: Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/07/minecraft-1-8-update-trailer-is-pretty-adventurous/]

Sorafrosty

Nov 19, 2009
As someone who recently started playing minecraft... I find this excellent; really think it takes it to another level, and makes the game seem less lonely. Always find it a bit weird to be the ONLY ONE in the whole 'world', so to speak, except for chickens, cows and sheep. And the occasional wolf. I like this!

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Hmm. Interesting. I guess Notch's comments about finding terrarria's approach to certain things interesting wasn't just a random coincidence.

I mean, some of the changes seem very much to lean in that direction...

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
At first I was going to avoid Enderman...I get scared easily and they deal a lot of damage, but according to the minecraft wiki they get hurt from getting in conatct with water and they drop diamonds....so now I need to hunt and kill them along with some friends on the server I play :p

And more dungeons and mines to explore in is welcome ^^

silverbullet1989

Jun 7, 2009
therandombear said:
but according to the minecraft wiki they get hurt from getting in conatct with water and they drop diamonds....
From my understanding, they only dropped dimonds in the pax demo as a placeholder, when it is released i dont think they will =/

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
silverbullet1989 said:
therandombear said:
but according to the minecraft wiki they get hurt from getting in conatct with water and they drop diamonds....
From my understanding, they only dropped dimonds in the pax demo as a placeholder, when it is released i dont think they will =/
Well...I live in the hope that they will drop diamonds...I saw the "placeholder" on the wiki, but well, Endermen are rare and they appear in groups of 5-6. So ya...living in the hope that they will drop diamonds :p

silverbullet1989

Jun 7, 2009
therandombear said:
silverbullet1989 said:
therandombear said:
Well...I live in the hope that they will drop diamonds...I saw the "placeholder" on the wiki, but well, Endermen are rare and they appear in groups of 5-6. So ya...living in the hope that they will drop diamonds :p
I think it would be cool if they still did, but only a very rare chance that 1 will...

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
silverbullet1989 said:
therandombear said:
silverbullet1989 said:
therandombear said:
I think it would be cool if they still did, but only a very rare chance that 1 will...
Ya, perhaps. I kinda welcome any new way I can find more diamonds. I haven't had the best of luck when I do find some. Either when I've destroyed a diamond block only so lava starts pouring in and destroying the diamond or I've been to busy mining and forgetting to watch my surroundings and use torches...usually ending in some nasy surprise from behind in the form of skeletons or creepers :<

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
What have my interest at the moment is the silverfish mob since no one seem to have seen it in action yet.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Sorry to be a douche but aren't endermen more like inverse-Weeping Angels? With the angels you have to keep your eyes on them, with endermen if you look at them they fuck you up.

I'm most excited about the ravines, rivers and ruins. Hopefully that'll make the worlds more interesting.

RoyalWelsh

Feb 14, 2010
Looks very good, i've been getting a little bit bored of Minecraft as of late but this update will definitely bring me back into it. I'm particularly excited for the NPC's to see what they will bring to the game.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
TheRightToArmBears said:
Sorry to be a douche but aren't endermen more like inverse-Weeping Angels? With the angels you have to keep your eyes on them, with endermen if you look at them they fuck you up.

I'm most excited about the ravines, rivers and ruins. Hopefully that'll make the worlds more interesting.
Endermen are peaceful until you look at them. And THEN you have to keep your eyes at them, or they'll start chasing you. So if you happen to look at one, for gods sake don't stop.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
That music. I want it.

Those Endermen. I don't.

NLS said:
TheRightToArmBears said:

Endermen are peaceful until you look at them. And THEN you have to keep your eyes at them, or they'll start chasing you. So if you happen to look at one, for gods sake don't stop.
And don't. Even. BLINK.

Sean Strife

Jan 29, 2010
I look forward to fighting the Endermen atop my bridge in Minecraft where I can either knock them into water or into some cacti. Thank goodness I built my cavernous home near a river AND a lake: the Endermen will be my little bitches.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
I just want to go to a village and burn it down. Not really for any real rhyme or reason, but just to walk in and shout to no one that this is the price you pay for not paying my taxes.

Of course I;ll build a huge looming castle above the village first.

Also, the endermen look cool. Though I have a feeling that I'll change my tune after one teleports in front of me and kills me for looking at it. Though Im going to have to start extra lighting all my houses, just so that Im not on the third floor and a group of the bastards just pop in on the second for a visit.

BabySinclair

Apr 15, 2009
The trailer should have ended with "Don't even blink" instead of "Don't even look." Let's be honest, it's a weeping angel reference and they should have played up on that more.