Tea Party Zombies Must Die Redefines the Term "Aggressively Liberal"

Hevva

Shipwrecked, comatose, newsie
Aug 2, 2011
Tea Party Zombies Must Die Redefines the Term "Aggressively Liberal"

Zombie-Palin can see your machete from her house. Beware.

A new free Flash game called don't like it much [http://teapartyzombiesmustdie.com/].

The game was developed by "advergaming" company "Legalizing Gay Marriage Is Like Calling A Napkin A Paper Towel" [http://starvingeyes.com/v8/] Santorum also make appearances as you battle your way through a Fox News office and beyond. The ideology of the developer becomes more apparent as you progress through the game, with far-left quotes appearing between levels and the implication that your inevitable death had more to do with your health insurance than with the zombies.

Only three days ago Fox News highlighted the rage and comparisons to Nazis [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112828-Fox-News-Attacks-Environmentally-Conscious-Games]. Maybe they'd prefer a Dance Central add-on where you get to bounce on the debt ceiling? Regardless, while it's not the most mature addition to the great war of ideology, it still ranks amongst the most fun.

Source: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5837928/slay-undead-glenn-beck-sarah-palin-and-newt-gingrich-in-this-zombie-game/gallery/1]

Feb 13, 2008

You see that blazing inferno that's threatening to engulf all free speech about games?

Why are you pissing petrol on it?

(Not directed at you Hevva)

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
Liberals vs conservatives, conservatives versus liberals. Anything one does in the name of one agenda will be hated by the other.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Meh, if you turned it around (Obama/Biden/that one woman from Congress whose name I'm totally spazzing out on) the liberal blog scene would be assaulting it as a Tea Party wet dream.

Hysterics and political commentary are synonyms in America these days.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Wait... you mean the people on Fox News AREN'T zombies in real life?
But what about the soulless stares, the constant moaning, and the complete disregard for the brains of others?

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
So they respond to hate and ignorance, with more hate and ignorance?

That's just bound to work. :/

CosmicCommander

Friendly Neighborhood Troll?
Apr 11, 2009
Ah.

Fucking leftists, always have to bait everyone else. I'm not saying the gents at Faux don't deserve to have jokes thrown their way, nor the loony religious right; but it seems like this is built to bait anyone who may share even the faintest idea with them.

And what's it with everyone saying the Tea Party is some sort of Far-Right organisation? I'd imagine it to be a more Libertarian one than anything; it's message seems to be one of fiscal responsibility and freedom along with that of personal freedom- but it seems many of it's detractors are rushing to say otherwise.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
The narrative and characterization are pretty bad. Gameplay is old school to the point of being outdated.

What?

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
For the conservative equivalent, I give you Liberality for All, starring Sean Hannity minus an eye, plus a mechanical arm and G. Gordon Liddy.

Just go to #4 on this list. http://www.cracked.com/article/209_6-hilarious-attempts-at-brainwashing-kids-with-comic-books/

OT: I personally find this kind of crap hilarious and pathetic considering it will never do what it set out to; convert people to your cause.

hypovolemia

Mar 25, 2011
Reminds me of this Cracked article [http://www.cracked.com/article_19402_6-mind-blowing-ways-zombies-vampires-explain-america.html], which, surprisingly, makes a lot of sense.
Warning: Do not go to Cracked if you have something to do today. It's as bad a time-sink as TV-Tropes.
P.P.S. There's no such thing as a god, so you died for eternity.
I'm an (agnostic) atheist, but I really find that sort of comment unnecessary. Even in that kind of game.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Zhukov said:
The narrative and characterization are pretty bad. Gameplay is old school to the point of being outdated.
I found the level design awkward and clumsy. The shotgun has no kick to it and the lack of cross hairs makes it unintuitive to fire.

What?
Well it is a game, I suppose. Might as well play it before we criticise it.

Eh... this probably sounded like a good idea on paper, but in practice it's not funny and the quotes just sound like leftist conspiracy ranting.

And if the right came out with a version of this game that had you killing gays, immigrants and Obama the left wouldn't just be incensed, they'd be denouncing it as hate speech. Which is fair enough, since it is.

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
CosmicCommander said:
Ah.

Fucking leftists, always have to bait everyone else. I'm not saying the gents at Faux don't deserve to have jokes thrown their way, nor the loony religious right; but it seems like this is built to bait anyone who may share even the faintest idea with them.

And what's it with everyone saying the Tea Party is some sort of Far-Right organisation? I'd imagine it to be a more Libertarian one than anything; it's message seems to be one of fiscal responsibility and freedom along with that of personal freedom- but it seems many of it's detractors are rushing to say otherwise.
Not a lot of overlap when it comes to Tea party and Libertarians. They are a far-right organization and while some boast about freedoms and such, they are still are against gay marriage and ending/ or decriminalize the war on drugs. They don' like amnesty for immigrates and don't wish to end the wars in the middle east. They have a strong Christian core in the center of the movement. While these ideas are not shared by the whole Tea Party it is in the majority of the movement. Some blame this on a hijacking of the GOP using them as sort of a Make over of sorts.

I like the Tea party in some aspects but they are Libertarians in the sense that Glenn Beck is a Libertarian.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
Low Key said:
Let's just bring back JFK Reloaded while we're at it.
Hey, at least that game was designed to deal with the JFK conspiracy theories.

I have no problem with a bit of satire, even if I'm economically right-wing myself. However, from what I gather it doesn't appear to be the dry humour, Ken Finkleman-style satire I enjoy, more the immature, 'haha we call you zombies' satire. I have to go to class soon but I'll definitely give the game a try when I get back.

And wait a second, aren't gun rights a right-wing issue in the U.S.? What are the lefties going to shoot the zombies with, flowers? :p

CosmicCommander said:
Well the Tea Party leadership has been hijacked by some wackos, giving most of them a bad name. Case in point, many of the leaders accepted farm subsidies, despite that completely negating their platform (and when questioned none of them admitted to it being morally wrong). Being somewhat of a libertarian myself I communicate with some liberty-minded individuals who are trying to work through the Tea Party and they are completely frustrated with the leadership, most are moving on to Ron Paul or Gary Johnson activism. I know one guy who's working through a small-town version of the Tea Party for local politics and he says it's far better.

SadakoMoose

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2009
Just a very poorly made game overall.
The controls themselves are just a step below the original Wolfenstein 3d.
The sound started bugging out on me really quick.
The SFX were unsatisfying, and stock.
Everything looked stock, while I'm at it.
And the political message didn't really make any sense...

Versuvius

Apr 30, 2008
If i have learned anything is that in the American political scene the most reasonable, level headed argument doesn't win as an article here showed before. The biggest, shoutiest, spam faced fuckstick wins. It's time someone out fucksticks the teabaggers.

CosmicCommander

Friendly Neighborhood Troll?
Apr 11, 2009
Mcupobob said:
CosmicCommander said:
Ah.

Not a lot of overlap when it comes to Tea party and Libertarians. They are a far-right organization and while some boast about freedoms and such, they are still are against gay marriage and ending/ or decriminalize the war on drugs. They don' like amnesty for immigrates and don't wish to end the wars in the middle east. They have a strong Christian core in the center of the movement. While these ideas are not shared by the whole Tea Party it is in the majority of the movement. Some blame this on a hijacking of the GOP using them as sort of a Make over of sorts.

I like the Tea party in some aspects but they are Libertarians in the sense that Glenn Beck is a Libertarian.
I'd digress- I'd agree with the sayings that the music has been overshadowed by the Repubs and Religious Right, but I'd maintain that at it's core and origins is a purely libertarian movement.