Thriller Free on Xbox Live UPDATED

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Thriller Free on Xbox Live UPDATED

To mark the passing of the King of Pop, Microsoft is offering his seminal Thriller video for free this weekend.

Thriller, the titular song from the bestselling album of all time, is being offered for free on Xbox Live for the rest of this weekend, to mark the passing of Michael Jackson this week.

The 14 minute video changed the way that people looked at music videos, and is - at least in part - responsible for African-American artists gaining a foothold into MTV and in turn, the people of America. It proved so popular that MTV were showing it twice an hour just to meet demand.

Also available on the Live Marketplace are 'Beat It', 'Smooth Criminal' and 'Billie Jean', although these will set you back 160 points. All videos are in standard definition.

UPDATE: Apparently Microsoft's weekend ends earlier than than the rest of the world, as the offer appears to already have expired.

Source: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5303408/xbox-live-offering-thriller-for-free]

runedeadthA

Feb 18, 2009
Thats pretty cool, But Billy Mays died as well, Does that mean that there will be free Oxyclean detergent?

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
Pretty cool.
They should also give away the video of the Phillipino prisoners doing the Thriller dance.

superdance14

Oct 15, 2008
I already checked, it's still costs 160 Billie Bucks (Microsoft Points, $2) on Xbox Live and online it "has expired." By the way, I live in the USA.

Zac_Dai

Oct 21, 2008
DanniXXX said:
How great. Sony give away all his videos for free, permanently, along with every other one of their artists, and it doesn't warrant one mention?
They did?

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
I appreciate the sentiment, Microsoft. But I will forever remember him on Youtube, thank you very much.