Sugar is Coming: Game of Thrones Cupcakes Look Delicious

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Sugar is Coming: Game of Thrones Cupcakes Look Delicious

Your love of gritty fantasy and confections don't have to be mutually expensive.

I usually don't give a crap about the cake decorating shows on the Food Network or Bravo. Making sculpture out of sugar just doesn't seem that exciting to me. I mean, if you're going to spend so much time on it, why not use a material more permanent than fondant, especially since fondant doesn't even taste that good anyway? After seeing these Game of Thrones cupcakes created by the Regali Kitchen of Quezon City, Philippines though, I may change my tune. Cupcakes featuring the sigil of major houses in Westeros? Yes, please.

[gallery=480]

These tasty cupcakes are chocolate cakes featuring light caramel frosting and set with an edible topper. I'm not sure if the toppers were printed or not, but they certainly look hand-sculpted to have depth and detail. Just look at the tentacles of House GreyJoy's kraken symbol. That kind of meticulous work takes love!

The based on a customer's Dungeons & Dragons character. [http://regalikitchen.multiply.com/] I don't know if Regali ships its cakes overseas from the Philippines, but if you want some wonderfully nerdy desserts made for your next event, you should try finding out.

Well, at least now I know what I'm bringing to the season two premiere of Game of Thrones on HBO. Spring 2012 can't come fast enough!

Source: Regali Kitchen on Facebook [http://www.facebook.com/RegaliKitchen]

Thanks to [user]ckeymel[/user] for the tip!

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Greatest Thread title ever..... of all time.

Seriously though, I might just get some of these. If they ever go mass produced...... which they totally should.

laryri

May 19, 2008
It isn't true ASoIaF food if half a chapter isn't spent describing it in meticulous detail.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Greg Tito said:
Your love of gritty fantasy and confections don't have to be mutually expensive.
Sorry to be a pain, but should that be mutually exclusive? Or is this some new kind of phrase of which I am unfamiliar?

OT: I never really saw the point of cake decorating. You stick it on display and it catches dust and no-one ever actually eats it; seems like a big waste to me. It looks awesome, but I think something non-edible would be better.

But yes. Om nom nom.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
I hope Pinkie Pie had a hand (hoof?) in making them.

Ill be honestly, I was never too excited to get one of those edible sugar tablet things. Theyre alright, but eating more then one always makes me sick. and that cupcake looks awkward to eat with those on it (unless you eat them the way my family does, though Of course like a black sheep I have to be different).

But its cool ig uess, if youre into that stuff.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
ElektroNeko said:
emeraldrafael said:
I hope Pinkie Pie had a hand (hoof?) in making them.
There is the first one! Keep them coming!

Ontopic: They look very nice, but not so tasty...
Oh im not a brony, I just like mentioning that when the discussion of baking comes up.

THough that light caramel icing looks good, but it looks like that kinda icing that looks good till you eat it and it just sucks. But I could be wrong.

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
If anybody eats the one with the House Frey sigil, they deserve to be shot.

For all the others, om nom nom.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
I'm surprised something similar wasn't presented at one of the various weddings or feasts in the books. Those look awesome, kudos to the folks that made them.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Mr Thin said:

Maybe that one actually has Frey in it, like Lord Manderly's pies. I would relish eating such a cupcake!

Wing Dairu

Jul 21, 2010
C...C...Cupcakes...
Can't have any. Pinkemena will kill me...
OT, yes, they look delicious.

jurnag12

Nov 9, 2009
Now I can't stop imagining Sean bean standing in a kitchen, mixing dough with Ice while saying 'Sugar Is Coming' over and over and over.....but the sugar never comes

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
Is it bad that I know all these crests?

Atmos Duality said:
WINTERFELL!!!

*om nom*

...Tastes like. Political intrigue and murder?
Don't forget the incest, that's what makes it special.

Mr Thin said:

Wouldn't turning their symbol into shit be appropriate?

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
Finally! You can answer "Would you like Freys with that?" with a straight face and even make sense.

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
It took me ages to figure out what the Greyjoy kraken was meant to be. It looks like a moose. A really derpy looking moose.