Gears 3 Handing Out Golden Guns to Early Adopters

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Gears 3 Handing Out Golden Guns to Early Adopters

According to Gears of War 3, bling is appropriate, even in humanity's darkest hour.

If you're planning on picking up Gears of War 3 [http://www.amazon.com/Gears-War-3-Xbox-360/dp/B002I0H79C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315933196&sr=8-1] when it comes out next week, there may be golden weaponry in your future. Anyone who plays Gears 3 online in the first week after its launch will be rewarded with golden skins for two of the game's most iconic weapons.

The promotion, called the "Golden Wings Week," runs from the 20th to the 26th of Septmeber and is sponsored by the US Air Force. The skins are for the Lancer and Hammerburst assault rifles, the standard issue weapons for the COGs and the Locusts respectively. Epic's design director Cliff Bleszinski said that Gears 3 was the biggest and most polished game that the studio had ever made, and he was looking forward to sharing it with people very soon.

While it's nice that early adopters are going to get a little reward for dropping their sixty bucks at launch, it's somewhat diluted when you think just how many people are going to have these gold weapons. Gears of War is a pretty popular game on Xbox Live, so potentially millions of people could have these weapons. Of course, that might be just what Epic and the USAF is hoping will happen, albeit probably for very different reasons.

Gears of War 3 comes out for Xbox 360 on September 20th.

Source: Shacknews [http://www.shacknews.com/article/70119/gears-of-war-3-giving-golden-lancer-hammerburst-early-xbl]

Dec 14, 2009
Looking foward to this game.

Best cover based shooter around, I certainly prefer it over Uncharted (it's still a very good game, mind you, I just prefer GOWs multiplayer aspect more).

It's also been scientifically proven by scientists trained in the art of science, that gold makes things move/fire/sound/make whoosing sounds.

Hisshiss

Aug 10, 2010
Again..best possible time to get hacked and have to wait out microsoft's lovely 25 day suspension to sort out the security. Now I not only get to miss the gears 3 launch with all my friends, I also get to miss my free golden weapons.

God I just..love hackers so much. They really do make the world a better fucking place.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
AND NOW I need to pick up my preordered Epic Edition around launch, damn it being in college and going to NYC Comic Con in October. Or I can just switch it over to the normal edition, I still don't know what I am doing.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
Hisshiss said:
Again..best possible time to get hacked and have to wait out microsoft's lovely 25 day suspension to sort out the security. Now I not only get to miss the gears 3 launch with all my friends, I also get to miss my free golden weapons.

God I just..love hackers so much. They really do make the world a better fucking place.
You got in trouble for being hacked?

Sounds more like you modded your account.

Hisshiss

Aug 10, 2010
I didn't mod a damn thing, I woke up one day, and someone had changed my password and charged 150 bucks worth of microsoft points to my account.

They suspend the account as a means to make sure the hackers can't get access to it, why the process of returning it to the owner takes so damn long I have no idea.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I stayed up till 1:30 last night just so I could finish Gears of War: Coalition's End. I am so looking forward to this game. I think I figured out the big secret and the missing link between Lambent, Locust, and humans, but I want to know for sure. And I'm pretty positive I know why Prescott left--or more importantly, who he went to go meet. I'm probably one of the few people who's more excited about the story than anything else.

This will be the only golden gun I've ever received in any game, ever. Neat.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
So... the usual?

The Golden Lancher was always the first gun people went after when the original owner was killed, mostly in hoarde haha!

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Huzzah, means I'll have the golden lancer and the golden retro lancer :D

I thought I'd miss out on the golden lancer since Epic said if you had the veteran gear achievement from GoW 2 you'd get the golden lancer.

Prolly gonna use the golden retro lancer more though...it grew on me. At first I didn't like the retro lancer, after a while I really liked it :p

Lillowh

Oct 22, 2007
Way to make something that was going to show which players were dedicated into the hayabusa helmet from Halo 3, Epic. I was really looking forwards to having something no one who didn't go to the midnight release of gears 2, buy off ebay, or win from contests wouldn't to show how much of a gearshead I am.
Edit:
therandombear said:
I thought I'd miss out on the golden lancer since Epic said if you had the veteran gear achievement from GoW 2 you'd get the golden lancer.
No they said the only way to unlock the golden lancer/hammerburst would be to have had them unlocked in Gears 2. It was supposed to show dedication. Now it shows nothing.

lee1287

Apr 7, 2009
saw the epic edition unboxing. I Wanttt=[ Also

if i buy the New console (Gears 3 edition) if i recover my gamertag, does it have my gamerscore? And is there anyway to transfer my account from the old harddrive to the new one?

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
lee1287 said:
saw the epic edition unboxing. I Wanttt=[ Also

if i buy the New console (Gears 3 edition) if i recover my gamertag, does it have my gamerscore? And is there anyway to transfer my account from the old harddrive to the new one?
Yes, you'll keep all your achievements and gamerscore.
I'm assuming your account would be the same, though you might need to re-input your card info