Awesome: Plants Vs Zombies Goes Hip Hop

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Awesome: Plants Vs Zombies Goes Hip Hop

Crazy Dave rapping with auto-tuned zombies; Need I say more?

I'll be honest with you guys: I have no real idea why this video exists. Part of me would like to think it's a promotional clip, designed to sell more copies of PopCap's brilliant Plants Vs Zombies [http://www.popcap.com/games/plants-vs-zombies/pc], but a much larger, more rational part of me is shouting that the company has become so successful that its employees sit around in smoking jackets all day, sipping 300-year-old brandy and dreaming up new ways to amuse the internet.

Hence, we have a music video starring the game's lovable, insane vagrant Crazy Dave, er ... "Cray-Z."

Straight up, he's got skills. I'm a bit too Caucasoid to credibly use words like "crunk" and "swagga," but I'm being assured by experts that Cray-Z has/is/knows of both of those things (whatever they might be).

Y'know, actually, yes, let's call this a "promo." After all, it's a video whose very existence is going to prompt me to suggest that you all go out and buy two or three more copies of Plants Vs Zombies, and that's more than I can say for any of the trailers leaking out of the Tokyo Game Show this week.

See Capcom? This is what happens when you reject my idea for Street Fighter X Wu-Tang. Now PopCap gets all my hyperbolic love!

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Man, I can never get enough of Crazy Dave. This is awesome.

This makes me wish again there will be a Plants VS zombies sequel.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
This got to be one of the awesomest things I've ever seen. Step aside Kanye West, Cray-Z is here to stay.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
there's a zombie on my lawn...DRIVEBY!

Time to bust a PopCap.

I can keep going....

Loved the dressed up squash.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
Dammit, Earnest...DON'T GIVE CAPCOM IDEAS!! They're crossed over enough already between the games and THIS [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBcAFtPYgN8]!

Even though, in all honesty...I'm surprised Capcom hasn't tried to ask Hasbro about a SF X GIJoe game because of that...

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
The scariest part of this is that a friend of mine's nickname has been 'Cray-Z' for over a year.

And Street Fighter X Wu Tang...the world isn't ready.