Epic Trades Facebook Likes for Gears 3 Characters

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Epic Trades Facebook Likes for Gears 3 Characters

This Facebook deal is probably the closest you're going to get to actually playing Gears of War 3 with Ice-T.

Epic is giving away a free multiplayer character for Gears of War 3: Aaron Griffin - who is voiced by actor and rapper Ice-T - a leader among the dispossessed humans known as the Stranded . All you have to do to claim the free character is head on over to the official Gears of War [http://www.facebook.com/gearsofwar?sk=app_126086684151640] Facebook page, click the "like" button, get the code, and then enter it when the game comes out next week.

Speaking at E3 earlier in the year, Epic's design director Cliff Bleszinski described Griffin - who plays a prominent role in the single-player game - as a businessman who had created an empire based around the fictional fuel imulsion, and someone that Delta squad would have to work with during the game. Bleszinski said that he always played as Griffin in the game's multiplayer as the character's quips were so entertaining. Of course, Ice-T was standing right next to him when he said it, so it may not be entirely true.

As long as you don't mind advertising Gears 3 to all your friends and family - which is really the point of the scheme in the first place - the character for clicks transaction isn't a bad deal. It's the kind of thing I think we'll be seeing a lot of in the future, in a variety of different guises.

Gears of War 3 comes out for Xbox 360 on September 20th.

Source: Team Xbox [http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/24729/Like-Gears-of-War-3-on-Facebook-to-get-New-Character/]

Hisshiss

Aug 10, 2010
That was the easiest facebook giveaway ever. Took me like..12 seconds xD.

And what's my reward? Some awesome half black dude with glasses. Come to think of it, does he remind anyone else of Riddick?

rohansoldier

Sep 5, 2011
Unfortunately I can't do this as I did it on my old xbox which then screwed up and it won't issue me a new code to re download.

It's ok though! I am going to use my wifes facebook profile to like the page and get it!!

I am glad facebook is so prolific nowadays sometimes!

Dec 14, 2009
Meh, I've downloaded it, only because I'm a sucker for free DLC.

I plan on using one of the ladies in multiplayer, because that's how I roll.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Meh, I've downloaded it, only because I'm a sucker for free DLC.

I plan on using one of the ladies in multiplayer, because that's how I roll.
Like a boss ;)

OT: Close but no cigar Epic. Not signing up on facebook to get a character I won't use since I got Trashball Cole or Baird :3

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
It's free, why not?
Clicking the link just sends me to the Facebook homepage though, is it the Gears of War 3 page or the normal Gears of War one?

xFrankieGirlx

Sep 12, 2011
Cheshire the Cat said:
... Is there like a dislike button? Cause Ice-T... really?
Edit: Scratch that. Reskimmed the book. Damn.
And YAY! New Gears books been released.
Haha Ice-T. I thought it looked like Riddick o_O