Felicia Day Stars in Dragon Age 2 DLC

Marshall Honorof

Feb 16, 2011
Felicia Day Stars in Dragon Age 2 DLC

When Hawke needs a jewel thief, an internet icon steps up to the challenge.

If you liked Dragon Age 2 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/8701-Dragon-Age-II-Review] but felt that it just wasn't giving you your Felicia Day fix, BioWare's new DLC pack can help. In conjunction with the upcoming Dragon Age: Redemption web series, BioWare will release a downloadable adventure called Mark of the Assassin, in which protagonist Hawke teams up with Tallis, an Elven thief who is voiced by and modeled after the redheaded Internet sensation.

The adventure won't sell itself on star power alone. Mark of the Assassin will spin a yarn about The Heart of the Many, a priceless Orlesian jewel that Tallis wants for herself. Hawke and Tallis will team up to tackle the many traps, puzzles, and monsters standing between them and riches. Furthermore, Chris Priestly, a Community Coordinator at BioWare, promises that Mark of the Assassin will "[give] players the opportunity to experience a new tactical way to play the game with the return of Stealth gameplay."

As for the actress behind Tallis, fans may be familiar with Felicia Day from her appearances in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, and her popular MMO-lampooning web series The Guild [http://www.watchtheguild.com/]. She has gained visibility as something of a nerd icon due to her genuine affection for the sci-fi and fantasy media in which she appears.

Players will be able to access the DLC at any time during the main story, provided they have reached their houses and Kirkwall. Budding jewel thieves can pick up Mark of the Assassin on October 11, 2011.

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-16-dragon-age-2-dlc-mark-of-the-assassin]

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
It's a scientific fact that putting Felicia Day into any game will make it between 43% and 58% more awesome.

Xanthious

Dec 25, 2008
Oh boy, will something awesome still happen every time I press a button !?!?! I sure hope so. I have to wonder though if this new elf is making soft minded Bioware employees "squee" like brain damaged chimps more or less than the previous elf. It's the awesome that happens when I press the button and the "squee'ing" that keeps me coming back to Dragon Age 2 after all . . . . ***Vomit***

Sadly though I'd have to go out and buy a new copy of DA2 if I'm to play this DLC. You see my neighbor's dog took a big runny shit on my walk way a few months ago and I used my DA2 disc to scrape it off my walk. You wouldn't believe how pissed my neighbor was I was putting a DA2 disc on his dog shit. In hindsight it was kinda unfair to the dog shit, it deserved better.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
The return of stealth gameplay?
It's not like it was a big thing in Origins. I used it to get my archer into a position where she could kill enemy mages quickly (so screw the Kolgrim fight! That pre-fight conversation made it so she automatically unstealthed), or to hide while I heal (if it allowed me to Stealth mid-combat, that is).

But hey, more Dragon Age II is a good thing.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Still haven't played the first. Seems like one of those things I'll get round to eventually, probably around the same time I go for a perfect playthrough.

Xanthious said:
Sadly though I'd have to go out and buy a new copy of DA2 if I'm to play this DLC. You see my neighbor's dog took a big runny shit on my walk way a few months ago and I used my DA2 disc to scrape it off my walk. You wouldn't believe how pissed my neighbor was I was putting a DA2 disc on his dog shit. In hindsight it was kinda unfair to the dog shit, it deserved better.
Now tell us how you really feel.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
Sorry, Bioware, but I'm already female, thus your pandering to the male nerd demographic is immune to me!

... Now, get Nathan Fillion in there, hopefully as a Female Hawke love-interest, and I'll give you everything I have on me, from my money down to Firefly-themed panties.

Aggieknight

Dec 6, 2009
Trishbot said:
Sorry, Bioware, but I'm already female, thus your pandering to the male nerd demographic is immune to me!

... Now, get Nathan Fillion in there, hopefully as a Female Hawke love-interest, and I'll give you everything I have on me, from my money down to Firefly-themed panties.
I think there would be so much w1n in a game with both Felicia Day and Nathan Fillion that the world would implode in a black hole of awesomeness.

I only still own DA2 as an over-site, but to *Cough* play with *cough* Felicia? I'm all in.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
The most terrible game of the year forces you to pay for more content even after having to shell out 60 bucks? What a shock!

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
And...more stuff I have to buy. Man, this last quarter of the year sucks. I am so totally broke. Still, at least I have games, movies, and books to keep my interest. Too bad this elf isn't part of the main storyline in the game. She sounds like she'd be fun. I wonder what Merrill will think of her.

Cat of Doom

Jan 6, 2011
AndyFromMonday said:
The most terrible game of the year forces you to pay for more content even after having to shell out 60 bucks? What a shock!
The most awesome game of the year is giving me the option, not forceing me, to pay for some extra content which allot of hard work and effort has gone into, What a shock. -_-

Have never watched the guild or buffy, but yeah she is hot. Hope this DLC contributes something to the overall DA story and isn't another out of place side bit like Leliannas song or golems from DA:O

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
so is this Kasumi's (Mass Effect 2) great, great, great, great, great, great, great... grandmother?

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
Cat of Doom said:
AndyFromMonday said:
The most awesome game of the year is giving me the option, not forceing me, to pay for some extra content which allot of hard work and effort has gone into, What a shock. -_-

Have never watched the guild or buffy, but yeah she is hot. Hope this DLC contributes something to the overall DA story and isn't another out of place side bit like Leliannas song or golems from DA:O
I'm sorry but paying more than 80 dollars in order to experience everything the game has to offer? The game has a lot of problems most of which have been partially addressed... for those willing to shell out 20 dollars for extra content. Sorry, no game.

LastDarkness

Jul 9, 2010
So its basicaly the same Kasumi mission idea from Mass Effect 2?

You cant get a little more origenal Bioware?

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
LastDarkness said:
So its basicaly the same Kasumi mission idea from Mass Effect 2?

You cant get a little more origenal Bioware?
Pretty much that, yeah.

Yet somehow, I'm intrigued. As obvious as the rehashing of the idea of Kasumi's mission in Mass Effect 2, I really like those kinds of missions. That was my favorite DLC in Mass Effect 2, even moreso than the Lair of the Shadow Broker.

Though, if I bought this that would require me to do another playthrough of Dragon Age 2, which I'm still a bit iffy on doing.

hooksashands

Apr 11, 2010
"I also saw Felicia Day at the show, who gave me a brush and told me to groom her. This is a thing that really happened, and it was bizarre, but not so bizarre that I wouldn?t do it. It was like brushing a unicorn."
--Tycho, Penny Arcade