Test Your Tactics in This Orcs Must Die! Interactive Trailer

Hevva

Shipwrecked, comatose, newsie
Aug 2, 2011
Test Your Tactics in This Orcs Must Die! Interactive Trailer

Wall spikes or floor traps? Orcs Must Die!'s new interactive trailer wants you to decide.

If Lord of the Rings taught us anything, it's that you need to be properly equipped if you'd like to keep your castle orc-free. You're going to need crossbows, swords, spikes, oil-pits and some archers, amongst other things. But which to choose? Luckily, developer Robot Entertainment has released this interactive trailer for Orcs Must Die! to help you decide.

The trailer asks you to choose which tactical devices you'd like to use as the protagonist fends off several waves of invading monsters. In doing so, it deftly demonstrates the advantages and disadvantages of each option while doing its best to illuminate the tactical aspects involved in defending your castle.

Robot Entertainment says that this trailer has a whole 30 different avenues of exploration, but in the interests of not spending the entire afternoon in a whirling YouTube pit I only managed to investigate three. All of them were positive and I did notice a few distinct differences in each of the run-throughs. Although the narrator keeps quiet for most of the videos, the character does seem to be having fun.

Orcs Must Die! will be released for XBLA and Steam this October.

Source: RockPaperShotgun [http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/09/16/orcs-must-dies-magic-interactive-video/]

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
Wow this looks actually really fun and I think it's the first game I've seen in this sort of mixed desktop defense/rogue like gameplay. Any idea how much this is going to cost on steam?

L3G0kees

Mar 25, 2010
It indeed looks like a lot of fun. I'm certainly going to buy it the day it comes out. About the price I think 10 to 15 euros/dollars because it's steam and XBLA so everything around there gets priced in that region. It's from the same people behind age of empires online. Maybe a lot of DLC when it's succesfull?

FunctionZ

Jul 4, 2011
That was fun. Its going on my list of games to buy when it comes out. Glad it is coming out on PC. Steam FTW :D

Kekkles

Feb 19, 2010
I've been following this for a while now, good to see they're even putting a little fun into their trailer.