Christina Hendricks Wants to Be Wonder Woman

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Christina Hendricks Wants to Be Wonder Woman

The Mad Men star says that if she does ever gets to play Wonder Woman, she'd want to stick as close to the comics as possible.

Firefly and Mad Men actress Christina Hendricks says that she would jump at the chance to play the lead role in a Wonder Woman movie. Having grown up as a fan of the character, Hendricks says she would relish the chance to kick ass as an Amazonian princess.

Director Nicolas Winding Refn, who is currently working with Hendricks on the movie Drive, has made no secret of his desire to see her in the role. Hendricks said that Winding Refn was an exceptional director, and if he ever asked her, she would say yes in heartbeat. She said she would want the movie to stay close as close to the original source material as possible. "I grew up with and am now married to a comic book fan, I think it's important to be true to the original comic books," she said. "I know that the fans love every detail and it's very important to them."

For his part, Winding Refn said that he hasn't actually been offered the Wonder Woman project yet, but he's hopeful that if his Logan's Run remake goes well. "I would love to make Wonder Woman ... but Warner Bros haven't called yet," he said "But I'm getting closer ... I think someone said to me in a meeting that if I get Logan's Run right, then I'll get Wonder Woman."

The last attempt to do something live-action with Wonder Woman amounted to very little [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110007-NBC-Turns-Down-Wonder-Woman-Pilot], but Warner seems at least amenable to the idea of developing the property further. Hendricks might not be a massive box office name, but she's no less well known than Henry Cavill, who will play Superman in the upcoming Man of Steel reboot. If Warner does the same thing with a Wonder Woman movie as it has with Man of Steel - casting really big name actors in supporting roles, while giving the leads to relatively lesser-known actors - there's no reason that Hendricks couldn't be Wonder Woman.

Source: NY Mag [http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/09/christina_hendricks_wonder_woman.html] and Huffington Post [http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/13/christina-hendricks-i-wan_n_960314.html]

deckpunk

Apr 5, 2011
On behalf of every single red blooded male on the planet I would just like to say "GIVE HER THE JOB PLEASE. WE WILL DO ANYTHING YOU ASK, JUST PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
I'm sorry but every time I see Warner Bros attached to a super hero movie that's not Batman I just let out a groan followed by a loud "FUUUUUUCCCCKKK!" If we're going to be making a Wonder Woman movie, can we just give it to Marvel studios? I know they're DC's competitor but someone just needs to take the toys away from Warner Bros, especially after the Green Lantern disaster.

IndianaJonny

Mysteron Display Team
Jan 6, 2011
Logan Westbrook said:
...Director Nicolas Winding Refn, who is currently working with Hendricks on the movie Drive, has made no secret of his desire to see her in the role....
Then I guess Nick just "ninja'd" us all right there.

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
YES. Wow. I never would have even though to suggest Christina Hendricks as Wonder Woman because it makes too much sense. She's hot, a great actress, and her rack laughs scornfully at Lynda Carter's chesticles.

Do it now!

Flight

Mar 13, 2010
I just can't see her as Wonder Woman. I like her, and I think she's a good actress, but I don't think she's right for that part.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
So original source as in Ecstatic, meaning girl-on-girl love. I'm in for that.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Scytail said:
That rack + Wonder Woman outfit = Heaven.
Is it wrong that this is all I could think of when I read the title? I mean, she does have an excellent rack.

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
I didn't know who she is but all of "that rack" comments made me google pictures of her and all I gotta say is... wow, you weren't kidding.

FrostyChick

Little Miss Vampire.
Jul 13, 2010
Horny Ico said:
"As close to the comics" involves Wonder Woman having a bondage fetish; no thanks.
I'm afraid we'll have to disagree with that one. :p

OT: Yes, a thousand times yes.