Ubisoft Stuffs Original Assassin's Creed into Day One PS3 Copies of AC: Revelations

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Ubisoft Stuffs Original Assassin's Creed into Day One PS3 Copies of AC: Revelations

For a limited time only, buy one Assassin's Creed game on the PS3, get another one absolutely free.

If you needed a reason to pick up Assassin's Creed: Revelations [http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Revelations-Playstation-3/dp/B002I08RR8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1316521666&sr=8-2] at launch, how does getting an entire game for free sound as an incentive? Ubisoft has struck a deal with Sony to include the original Assassin's Creed with day one copies of Revelations on the PS3, letting players go back and relive the first part of the series.

While the sequels have focused on Ezio Auditore da Firenze, the original Assassin's Creed starred Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad, who fought against the Templars in the Holy Land, around the time of the Third Crusade. The original Assassin's Creed is also the only game in the series where the Templars have been actual Knights Templar. Revelations sees Ezio retracing the steps of his ancestor, so having the first game will to refer back to should make for an interesting experience, and help fill in any blanks for anyone confused by what's going on in Revelations

While a lot of the people that are going to buy Revelations will already own the original Assassin's Creed, there will also be more than a few who don't, and giving it away for free - which I can't imagine is really costing Ubisoft all that much to do - is a good way of snaring them. Obviously, it's good news for Sony too, as it's made the PS3 version look pretty appealing to people who can choose which platform to play it on. It's not such great news for Microsoft of course, but two out of three isn't bad, right?

Assassin's Creed: Revelations comes out for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 on November 15th.

Source: Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/19/day-one-copies-of-assassins-creed-revelations-on-ps3-to-includ/]

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
When did Ubisoft start loving the PS3 so much?

Between this, the early DLC and the betas. It's nice to have a response to Bethesda's Xbox boner.

Dec 14, 2009
The original game plays like shit compared to the sequals, I plan on never touching it again.

Irrelevent anyway, since I'm getting it for Xbox.

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Brotherhood was reaaaaaaaly good, but the original game is still my favorite in the series. I'm glad to see that some new people will have a chance to play it.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Bethesda seems to be the only company that gives the 360 anything first anymore. AC:Rev gets PS3 bonuses. Dead Space 2 got PS3 bonuses. Mass Effect, Fear 3, Eternal Sonata, and a decent chunk more. Not saying that Dethesda should switch but I find it funny that they're the only only left that send the 360 DLC months ahead of the PS3.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Well this is welcome news indeed, I was planning on picking up the first AC again within this month, but it looks as if I wont have to now.

Thanks Ubisoft :D

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
Frostbite3789 said:
When did Ubisoft start loving the PS3 so much?

Between this, the early DLC and the betas. It's nice to have a response to Bethesda's Xbox boner.
Yeah,i wonder why they love the PS3 so much,well atleast we got bethesda.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
What was the big rant Microsoft took earlier on?

Oh, thats right, if a game doesn't have the same content for the 360 as it does for the PS3 then they won't have it on their system.

Now we get to see how much bollocks Microsoft were talking or if they actually mean what they say.

Meanwhile i'll be playing it on my PC with no freebies.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
This might make it worth getting Revelations on release day, even though I haven't gotten to play Brotherhood yet. Well played Ubisoft, well played indeed.

Jeralt2100

Jun 9, 2010
Keep in mind that the original AC was one of those terrible port jobs common on PS3 in its early life. AC2 was better . It wasn't until Brotherhood that they figured out how to do a like for like version of the game on both systems.

Still, free is free. Too bad for Sony that I've been playing AC on Xbox 360 since the first game and I see no reason to swap over.

Apr 28, 2008
Rawne1980 said:

Oh, thats right, if a game doesn't have the same content for the 360 as it does for the PS3 then they won't have it on their system.

Now we get to see how much bollocks Microsoft were talking or if they actually mean what they say.

Now that's not true. Because we're on the PC, we're "lucky" enough to use Ubisoft's "wonderful" DRM system! It's on no other console! PC exclusive!

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
That's pretty great. I'm lacking the first one in my collection. Borrowed it by a friend and didn't think it was worth buying... but free is FREE!

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
I'm perfectly fine with this. The first game sucked ass anyway. The gameplay was boring and repetitive, and the pre-assassination missions were all exactly the same.

Thankfully I got AC2 despite the first being shit, and I loved it. Shrug. Getting it on xbox 360 anyway.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Irridium said:
Rawne1980 said:

Now that's not true. Because we're on the PC, we're "lucky" enough to use Ubisoft's "wonderful" DRM system! It's on no other console! PC exclusive!
You know, I absolutely forgot about the DRM.

We get free awkwardness with every Ubisoft game.

I feel far more special now. In your face console users.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
This makes it more likely that I will get this game but not that much more, I don't have any of the games anymore and I'm not sure if I want to get into the series again, especially since I'm not spending as much on games as I used to.

Jeralt2100

Jun 9, 2010
Satsuki666 said:
Strife2k7 said:
Keep in mind that the original AC was one of those terrible port jobs common on PS3 in its early life. AC2 was better . It wasn't until Brotherhood that they figured out how to do a like for like version of the game on both systems.

Still, free is free. Too bad for Sony that I've been playing AC on Xbox 360 since the first game and I see no reason to swap over.
Except that it was just as good as the XBOX verson and in some cases actually got better reviews.
Without getting into a console flame war I'll just ask if you played both versions. I rented both before settling on purchasing the 360 version and did so because of the much more stable framerate. The PS3 version didn't look bad, but it didn't perform well at all when I played it, very choppy framerate.

The rest of the series I've stuck with the 360 mainly for continuity in my own library.

Jeralt2100

Jun 9, 2010
Satsuki666 said:
Strife2k7 said:
Without getting into a console flame war I'll just ask if you played both versions. I rented both before settling on purchasing the 360 version and did so because of the much more stable framerate. The PS3 version didn't look bad, but it didn't perform well at all when I played it, very choppy framerate.

The rest of the series I've stuck with the 360 mainly for continuity in my own library.
Actually I have played both. I think I will go with both my experiences and those of nearly every single review out there rather then trust you.
You're obviously welcome to your opinion. I personally don't care what reviewers say about any game. My budget is such that unless I'm positive it's a day one purchase for me, I always rent first. Far too many games these days can be beaten in a weekend and then offer very little afterward that interests me.