Mafia Wars 2 Trailer Promises "Badass" Crime Opportunities

Hevva

Shipwrecked, comatose, newsie
Aug 2, 2011
Mafia Wars 2 Trailer Promises "Badass" Crime Opportunities

The Facebook giant's second coming is heralded by Jane's Addiction and the word "badass."

Mafia Wars became famous off the back of the myriad ways you could use it to backstab and otherwise irritate the people on your friends list. According to this announcement trailer for Mafia Wars 2, the sequel will be all about being even meaner and more prone to betrayal than you were the first time around.

Given the blazing popularity of the original, it probably won't be long before your Facebook page is beseiged by requests for assistance and spare horse-heads from relatives, friends, classmates and a host of people you haven't spoken to since you met them at that party one time.

According to Zynga, Mafia Wars 2 will be released "soon." If you'd like to jump the gun on the competition and receive a few exclusive items, you can head over to Mafia Wars 2's Facebook page [http://www.facebook.com/Mafiawars2] to do so.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
ಠ_ಠ

I just can't take anything that uses "Zynga" and "badass" in the same context seriously. If i want to play anything related to the mafia i'll just play Mafia 1 or 2.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Move over Portal 2. Skyrim, Deus Ex, you too. The game of the year just landed.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Facebook games have trailers now? Am I the only one who hates the guy providing the voice for this trailer? Who is he and where does he live?

Feb 13, 2008
Because if there's one thing that makes the world better it's a corporation of lying, scheming cheats making a simulation of a stereotyped criminal organisation that encourages friends to upset each other - while paying to do it.

A stealing simulator you have to pay for.

Oh well done.

revjay

Everybody's dead, Dave.
Nov 19, 2007
I console myself by remembering that even Perry Farrell needs to pay the bills but why not "Been Caught Stealing"? Seems to make more sense for a 'crime' based 'game'. I won't hold this against you Perry, even Zeppelin sold a song to advertisers but watch yourself, once you get into zynga it's almost impossible to get out.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Gotta give them credit. Props to whoever chose the music, it kept me entertained enough to watch. Still not playing that vile filth though