Editor's Note: Canadian Makin'

Andraste

Nov 21, 2004
Canadian Makin'

"I suppose the 'like a Band-Aid' approach is best: I am leaving The Escapist." On the eve of her departure, The Escapist's founding Editor-in-Chief, Julianne Greer, shares memories, sends thanks and reminds us of the ideals upon which The Escapist was founded.

Read Full Article

Caimekaze

Feb 2, 2008
You will be missed.

As Editor-in-Chief, I can't even begin to imagine the extent you would have had on the articles published here, most of which are of the utmost quality. I wish you the best of luck in whatever you decide to pursue now.

Also, hell yes toilet paper rolling over rather than under.

InProgress

Feb 15, 2008
It's a sad news to hear that you're leaving, but, if it must be done, then it must be done.
Looking forward to your ocasional articles. Good luck with the career you wish to follow.

On a related not: Congratulations, Russ. You'll do a great job as the new Editor-in-Chief.

Labyrinth

Escapist Points: 9001
Oct 14, 2007
Fare thee well in thy future endeavours. I'll be sure to grab the sparklers to welcome Russ in.

Nov 5, 2007
Can't somebody die/leave for at least one day :(
Good luck in your future career and see you on the other side of the rainbow.
Good luck and congratulation also to Russ with his new position.

SomeGuyNamedKy

Sep 25, 2008
Thank you for helping to start my favorite website of all time, (It's my homepage.) and good luck in any future endeavors. Also congrats Russ.

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
Damn...sorry to hear that. I can't blame ya'll for focusing on the web videos but it's sad to see the text portions slowly be relegated to personality columns. The numbers may be staggeringly better for Yahtzee, Unskippable, and the other webisodes but snark can only do so much. Actually, it doesn't really do much of anything but that's another argument.

I'm sure Pitts will guide the new Escapist well, I'm always curious to see what new show he has put together. Best wishes and good luck in all future endeavors.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
It's a shame to see you go Ms. Greer and your presence and editorial approach will be missed, thankfully Mr. Pitts is a worthy successor who has already infused the site with his unique personality and I'm excited to see the direction in which he takes the site.

Good luck to the both of you,
- Pedro Steckecilo.

pigeon_of_doom

Vice-Captain Hammer
Feb 9, 2008
Thanks for playing what appears to be a big part in making this site what it is from its humble beginnings. While I've only read articles on the site for the last couple of years, I've immensely enjoyed my time here reading the various articles. You have my respect for being involved in determining this site's general direction, as I am a big fan of it's general approach of the games industry. Best of luck in your future career.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Thank you Julianne - you've done a fantastic job in making The Escapist into what we know and love. Of course we'll be sorry to see you go, but I wish you the very best of luck in the future.

And so the Russ Pitts era begins. I, for one, am very scared.

...nah. Congratulations sir, there couldn't be a better person for the job!

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I say, in probably the most sincerest use of the meme on the web... kthxbai o/

You will be greatly missed, as will your antics alongside Russ on TES.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
You put together something unexpected, and are leaving a sweet mean driving machine. Sounds like Mission Accomplished to me, and I hope your next project bears even more fruit!
The Escapist became my homepage what doesn't seem all that long ago, but I already feel part of the family. So...turn away, I don't want you to see me cry. *sniff*

Later: And now, we present to you, Russ Pitts! May all the practical jokes on the new boss be tasteful, respectful, and kept in line. HAH! Noogy Time!

Higurashi

Jan 23, 2008
You have done a terrific job, and I am certain that spirit will continue here on the Escapist even with the loss of you. It will be interesting to note the differences. I hope you find your next endeavour as rewarding. What I don't hope for is seeing less of Russ in the videos on the site. D=

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
Go! Go indulge your dream of finding ancient historical ruins in some long-forgotten corner of the Earth! We promise not to have any house parties.

Najarana

Aug 16, 2008
Haven't read the escapist for more then a year or two but since then I've come here several times a day and read any and all articles, news, reviews that has been posted. Thank you for giving me a worthy startpage for my browser. Good luck in any future endeavours and please come back sometime and give us an article or two. Peace out.

Also, Congratulation Russ! Fill those shoes with more excellent articles!