tendo82

Uncanny Valley Cave Dweller
Nov 30, 2007
Review: Damnation

What in tarnation is up with Damnation?

Read Full Article

messy

Dec 3, 2008
You've saved me some money; a steam-punk western in the style of gears of war seems good. But judging from the video and this review it just seems awful. cheers

Jiki

Jan 21, 2008
Wow, it took half a review to get into the stuff that actually matters and even then it's not quite satisfactory. Damnation IS a bad game, but you seem to be disliking it for all the wrong reasons (graphics, the absence of the far-from-vital cover-system and whatnot), at least for the most part of it. Of course, in the end opinion is quite a subjective thingy, but I guess that's why one's gotta know the reviewer in order to trust her/his opinion. I must say though that I found there to be too much uninteresting "noise" and not enough content in the review. Which might just be wholly subjective as well.

Also, on a personal note, I presumed the creators just failed, instead of failing on purpose in some vain hopes of some, uhm, "fast buck". And I'm a cynic, so what does that make you, heh.

amendele

Aug 25, 2008
I actually had the misfortune of renting this game without knowing much about it. I thought it would be a Gears clone set in a steampunkish Wild West, oh how wrong I was.

If you really want to know my thoughts on it, this game deserved at least another year in the development studio, or it should've been given the Old Yeller treatment. Suffice to say, I agree with this reviewer. [http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DocHaus/damn-this-game-to-hell-or-my-thoughts-on-damnation--135530.phtml] Also, this one.

TheBlackKnight

ESEY on the Kross
Nov 3, 2008
Guess it was a bad idea to go from Mod to "full-fledged" game; Shame to hear, the first iteration for UT2k4 was quite acceptable.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Well that's unfortunate... I was actually looking forward to this one, what with the cool seeming setting and all. But I suppose concept isn't everything, especially if the game proper is completely broken beyond help.

Ka_huna

Jun 23, 2009
I was looking forward to this one, and actually rented it too. I switched it off promptly.

SlickShot

Jan 4, 2009
I rented this game for an hour and took it back to Blockbuster and they asked if something was wrong with the disk and I just told them it was the disk but the game. It wasn't even worth the hour of game play.

Bofus Teefus

Jan 29, 2009
I was curious about this one. It looked like the atmosphere would be cool. Too bad it just plain sucks. I've seen it from anybody who reviews the game- it just plain sucks.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
Syntax Error said:
Wow, I just noticed Tom has a very sexy voice.
i know!, i played this game at a friend and thought it was horrible, i did have some fun jumping up and down for 10 min, but even if i had found this game to be the best game EVAR!! i would have changed my mind as soon as that siren like voice tell me it was bad.

yes tom i will sail my ship blindly towards the rocks, what ever you say tom.

Khada

Night Angel
Jan 8, 2009
Jiki said:
Wow, it took half a review to get into the stuff that actually matters and even then it's not quite satisfactory. Damnation IS a bad game, but you seem to be disliking it for all the wrong reasons (graphics, the absence of the far-from-vital cover-system and whatnot), at least for the most part of it. Of course, in the end opinion is quite a subjective thingy, but I guess that's why one's gotta know the reviewer in order to trust her/his opinion. I must say though that I found there to be too much uninteresting "noise" and not enough content in the review. Which might just be wholly subjective as well.

Also, on a personal note, I presumed the creators just failed, instead of failing on purpose in some vain hopes of some, uhm, "fast buck". And I'm a cynic, so what does that make you, heh.
what are you on about? I cant even begin to try and explain what is wrong with your post... everything you have said seems to have come from nowhere... re watch the review and see that his main complaints were the controls, lack of content and bugs.

you must be one of damnation devs.

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
You poor, poor man. Doomed to play that awful game.

Get some PvZ in you before you kill someone!

muse-13-bliss

Sep 6, 2008
very short review
but straight to the point
Damnation sucks?
yay!
you just saved me a whole lotta cash :p
and good job man
you managed to master climbing the ladder, its all about patience,
do that and you can have it down in about 15 seconds :p

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
Jiki said:

muse-13-bliss said:
very short review
but straight to the point
Damnation sucks?
Maybe you two fail to understand the concept of 'supplement video.' As in, the video is a supplement to the full review, which you can find by clicking the 'Read Full Article' link at the top of the review.

yeah_so_no

Sep 11, 2008
Syntax Error said:
Wow, I just noticed Tom has a very sexy voice.
Same here. I watched the video review twice, once to watch it and one to listen to his voice again.