Joker Graces Arkham City Trailer

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Joker Graces Arkham City Trailer

Nearly every villain in Batman's canon shows up in Arkham City but this trailer's all about the Joker.

All I need to do to get excited for Arkham City is to hear the deliciously weird voice of Mark Hamill as the Joker. Sure, the expanded world [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106055-Torturous-Hugo-Strange-Shows-Up-in-Batman-Arkham-City] of Arkham City, plus some shots of his crew wielding some big ass hammers.

[mtv=693312]

I'm happy to see Harley Quinn get some love as well. Her creepy devotion to the green-haired freak adds a dimension to the story. Also with what the Joker hints at in the trailer, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bat is forced to work together with his nemesis in order to bring down the ultimate threat of Professor Strange.

We'll see exactly how the plot twists Rocksteady has in store for us when Arkham City comes out in North America on October 18th for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.

Source: MTV [http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2011/09/22/batman-arkham-city-exclusive-trailer-secrets-of-the-joker/?]

8bitmaster

Devourer of pie
Nov 9, 2009
This game is looking very good, I just hope that the actual story progression is done right. What I want to see is multiple endings depending on who you decide to go after, and not make it so you must defeat every single villain, because there are a lot of them in this, almost too many. Surprise me Rocksteady.

AndrewC

Jun 24, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
Yeah, that link says its unavailable in my region? Got anything international?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dMQFiPrJgYQ

There's the Youtube version, hope it works for you.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
AndrewC said:
Soviet Heavy said:

Thank you. Wow, Tara Strong can do Arleen Sorkin's voice pretty well.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
Seconded. Not available in my region. For those who have the same issue:

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
Oh, that's right... the Joker's in this game too...

Kidding aside, I think this trailer was quite welcome (if over reliant on flash-cuts). Anyway, nothing the game could throw at me at this point would make me less likely to buy the game. Waiting for October...

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
I love Mark Hamill's voice as the Joker, remember seeing an interview with him asking him how he gets the right pitch... it was creepy as hell to see him do it as he said "He's all teeth..." over and over as he went from Mark Hamill to Joker.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Sadly, this will be the very last time Mark Hamill voices the Clown Prince of Crime. That, coupled with some of his lines and the general mood of Arkham City, makes me think they might actually kill the Joker in this one.

Genixma

Sep 22, 2009
What is this "Akrham City" you speak of? ;)

Looks awesome, as much as I loved Heath Ledger as the Dark Knight's Joker, Mark Hamill as Cartoon Joker is still the best.

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
AndrewC said:
Soviet Heavy said:

I hate when videos are not "meant to be viewed on my country"... makes me wonder why is there an internet in the first place...

So once again, Thanks ;D

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010

Seriously, planning to put my pre-order in soon, I'm massively excited, and I'm wondering how the multiple villains will play out.

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
DAMMIT, DAMMIT, DAMMIT, I ONLY HAVE TIME AND MONEY FOR SKYRIM!!

Gonna have to grab this one when it goes in the bargain bin...or when I have a disposable income....

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
Nooners said:
DAMMIT, DAMMIT, DAMMIT, I ONLY HAVE TIME AND MONEY FOR SKYRIM!!

Gonna have to grab this one when it goes in the bargain bin...or when I have a disposable income....
Same here, damn it. Wish i could get it but i can't. Maybe i can get someone to get it for me for christmas...

Edit: Ironically, something about bethesda just popped up on the news just as i posted this.

Nerdstar

Apr 29, 2011
now for awhile iv been sort of hung up that arleen sorkin wasn't doing the voice of harley Quinn but when i saw who the replacement was Tara Strong i was hopeful shes a good voice actor but i didn't know if she could pull off harley, needless to say after i herd her with harleys Vally girl accent knew she nailed her perfect and am more exited then ever for the game

(shame about mark not voicing the joker anymore thohe...)

boredkid

Nov 18, 2009
Aaaaaaaand this just moved from "bargain bin, premium edition, for $20" in a few years (which is the way I just bought Arkham Asylum a few weeks ago) to "on my Christmas list, please somebody find this". :)

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
As great as this game looks, I really really have a strong distaste for 'villain-parade' stories. It's just so overdone by now. I'd have much preferred a single antagonist with perhaps 1 or 2 side-story villains.