Every Book in Oblivion Could Be on Your Bookshelf

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
Every Book in Oblivion Could Be on Your Bookshelf

Every in-game book from Oblivion has made its way into one fascinating collection.

Reddit user notadoctoreither was fascinated by the books of Oblivion which included everything from romances to the history of Cyrodiil. There was just one problem: Reading them all on a TV or monitor was kind of a drag. So he did what any overly-industrious gaming fan would do, and has collected 257 in-game books into one massive tome.

"I thought it'd be nicer to read all the great in-game books from a real book," explains notadoctoreither. Which seems easy enough until you realize the sheer enormity of the task of printing the books themselves then the job of binding the book by hand. The 952-page volume took three years to plan of planning (one and off) and a solid month of construction to complete.

Oblivion has a massive modding community that is still quite alive and strong, which is saying a lot for a game that has been around since 2006. Notadoctoreither has gone one step beyond the traditional mods and has created this collection that any Oblivion fan would pay a sizeable amount to own or just read.

With Skyrim's release on the horizon there's going to be a whole new slew of in-game books that are just begging to be collected and put into a collection of their own.

[gallery=493]

Source:Reddit [http://www.reddit.com/r/oblivion/comments/komwa/so_i_printed_all_the_oblivion_ingame_books_into_a/]

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
I want it!

I'm kinda reminded of how I used to have stacks of books in my Hlaalu mansion in Morrowind.

Damnit that's awesome.

Andaxay

Thinking with Portals
Jun 4, 2008
I would actually buy this off him. I love the Tamriel lore and can't flipping WAIT for Skyrim.

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
Here is the big question,"Can you kill a goat with it?"
That's what I would like to know before making this investment.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Er... is Bethesda ok with him doing this? They can get pretty antsy over things like this...

Also, Lusty Argonian Maid <3

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Fasckira said:
Er... is Bethesda ok with him doing this? They can get pretty antsy over things like this...

Also, Lusty Argonian Maid <3
They reposted it on their facebook page, so I think they'll be ok with it as long as he doesn't try to sell it.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
On kotaku, where i saw this earlier, you can download the actual book and then print it out yourself if you so wished. Me, i just downloaded to my PC, it clocks in at nearly 950 pages so no way am i printing that. lol

http://kotaku.com/5843257/every-virtual-book-in-the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-is-now-one-epic-leather+bound-reality/gallery/1

Uber Evil

Mar 4, 2009
He really should try and get Bethy to give the OK to publish it, or have them publish it themselves. Collectors Edition item for ESVI, anyone?

x-machina

Sep 14, 2010
The time, effort and love put into that is certainly impressive. Too bad the fine folks at Bethesda can't write worth a damn

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
O_O...Damn that´s what I call a fan. I didn't care much for the books in oblivion exception for those describing the history of Cyrodil since I'm a big history buff.