Game of Thrones in Muppet Form

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Game of Thrones in Muppet Form

Pigs ... On ... Thrones!

Nothing beats mashing up two great franchises. It worked with LEGO Star Wars and Throne of Secrets [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/108603-Commander-Shepard-Meets-My-Little-Pony-in-Pony-Effect-2] - but his greatest achievement has to be these drawings of characters from George R. R. Martin's Game of Thrones as Jim Henson's lovable The Muppets.

[gallery=491]

As a fan of both A Song of Ice and Fire and The Muppets, I am uniquely equipped to appreciate the subtlety of Mercado's work. Kermit Stark was a gimme, considering that both are the de facto main characters. Piggy as Cersei is a little strange, but the vanity connection makes sense, as it does with Link Hogthrob as Jaime. My personal favorite is Petyr Beakish and Dr. Varys Honeydew as the pair are seemingly working on the same side, although that's about to ... never mind.

Overall, I have to say that I had way more nostalgic fun with Mercado's pictures than I probably will with the new Muppet movie coming out. I like Jason Segal as much as the next guy, but I don't think he can pull this reboot off.

With this list of Eddard Stark as weatherman [http://www.dorkly.com/article/24033/7-game-of-thrones-pickup-lines], it looks like today is the day for Game of Thrones related humor popping up on the Internet. I gotta remember to mark my calendar for next year.

Source: Game of Thrones Muppets [http://www.gameofthronesofmuppets.com/Game_of_Thrones_of_Muppets__You_Wink_or_You_Die/Home.html]

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Tell me there are people out there that really wished this was Fraggle Rock and not Muppets.

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
Greg Tito said:
it looks like today is the day for Game of Thrones related humor popping up on the Internet.
Except for the Game of Thrones Muppets have been kicking around for a few months, of course, like on here [http://www.themarysue.com/more-game-of-thrones-muppets/].

unoleian

Jul 2, 2008
Kermit may as well be some generic sellsword. Why is Fozzie, one of the biggest characters, cast as a dwarf?

Other than those two, the rest are rather inspired choices.

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
It's pretty nice, but it lacks the "muppet" feeling for me. Maybe because they're made with ink, instead of felt.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Jesus christ, Game of Thrones is definitely picking up in popularity. I don't think i've seen a series this marketed since lord of the Rings.

OT: Very very cool, Namely because Muppets are just awesome.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
"They call me King Of The North... but I'd go south on you" is officially my new pick up line.

Spambot 3000

Aug 8, 2011
Radelaide said:
Lonely Packager said:
What the hell is a 'Muppet'?
Did you grow up without Sesame Street? Seriously?
I was kept in a dark basement throughout the entire course of my childhood and was only let out when my teeth were to be harvested.

(Seriously though) Ohh, a MUPPET ... I don't really remember much about those. Nor if I liked them or not.

OldKingClancy

Jun 2, 2011
unoleian said:
Kermit may as well be some generic sellsword. Why is Fozzie, one of the biggest characters, cast as a dwarf?
You do know that the Dwarf is one of the biggest and most well-liked characters in GOT, and Kermit - the main character in the muppets - is playing the main character in the show.

unoleian

Jul 2, 2008
OldKingClancy said:
unoleian said:
You do know that the Dwarf is one of the biggest and most well-liked characters in GOT, and Kermit - the main character in the muppets - is playing the main character in the show.
I meant big as in a little too tall to be playing a dwarf. Also I'm talking strictly by appearances. I'm well familiar with the books and the show. Kermit makes me think of, I don't know, maybe Bronn.

Ben Rigged

Jul 11, 2011
I don't know what to think ... even now, no matter what is commented on it, I still find myself thinking it's fake??? It seems too silly to be real, and considering I have both the book and the shows which I have read and watched ... I just don't know what to expect, I do wonder though if it was allowed, like if George.R.R.Martin allowed it?

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Ben Rigged said:
I don't know what to think ... even now, no matter what is commented on it, I still find myself thinking it's fake??? It seems too silly to be real, and considering I have both the book and the shows which I have read and watched ... I just don't know what to expect, I do wonder though if it was allowed, like if George.R.R.Martin allowed it?
erm, I'm not sure I understand.
Also, welcome to the forums.

C117

Aug 14, 2009
Well, it looks quite awesome, and it's pretty... interesting... to see Kermit wielding a broadsword with bloodstains on it.

BUT!!! Where! Is! Cookie Monster?!