Join The Dark Adorable Side With This Star Wars Art

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Join The Dark Adorable Side With This Star Wars Art

What could be more adorable than Darth Vader frying robots with a magnifying glass? How About Boba Fett with a Han-Solo-In-Carbonite balloon?

Kid-friendly Star Wars artwork is a bit of a niche style in the greater fan art genre. That said, when it's done right, it's absolutely brilliant. Remember <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.227961-Pooh-Bear-Fan-Art-Stuffs-Chewbacca-With-Fluff>that delightful Winnie The Pooh-themed Star Wars art that popped up on the Web last year? Now there's a series of Star Wars art featuring some of Hollywood's most iconic villains engaged in childhood activities and ... well, as you can see, Star Wars has never looked cuter.

Etsy seller The Octopus Tree House has a series of four prints starring Star Wars villains: Vader (frying a mouse droid with a magnifying glass), Jabba (eating an ice cream cone while holding a stuffed Leia doll), Boba (playing with a bubble gun and carrying around a balloon of Han Solo stuck in carbonite), and a Tusken Raider (who apparently just smashed a bantha piñata) are all represented here. Each image is incredibly cute and clever, but I think we're all a little disappointed that Emperor Palpatine, General Grievous, and Darth Maul aren't on display here, too.

The various prints are selling for $20 individually, or customers can buy all four for $75. Aside from these Star Wars prints, the store features a couple of other illustrations for sale that would look great adorning the wall of any young (or fully-grown) geek's bedroom.

Source: Geeks Are Sexy

[gallery=492]

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
Aww. That's great work there,Star Wars Kids.
Oh shit,don't let George Lucas see this,we don't need him getting any ideas...

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
The vader one would be cute if it were for the fact that those are mouse droids, so he's burning mice with a magnifying glass.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
Aw, adorable. I'd probably buy a shirt with one of these images, but I hardly ever buy prints.

Octopus Tree House

Sep 24, 2011
OMG! Thanks for the awesome write up! We definitely have more of these planned so don't rule out not seeing more characters represented. :) Paul & Jess - The Octopus Tree House

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
Did you notice that the rays from Kid Vader's magnifying glass are like those of the Death Star firing up?

OT: D'awwww. That's too cute.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
AAHHH-ahhh~ How adorable! But really, I can't think of anything else to say for this... well done?