Modern Warfare 3 Achievements Leak Online

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Modern Warfare 3 Achievements Leak Online

If you're wondering how Modern Warfare 3 will improve your gamer score, then look no further.

The full list of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3's [http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00503E8S2/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_g63_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=02H7RT09TFWFE8S1DYZT&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846] achievements - and presumably trophies as well - has found its way online. The list is fairly spoiler-tastic, but it does contain some interesting tidbits of information about the game's story and the challenges the player will face.

As you might expect, there are plenty of gamer score points on offer for completing the game's story missions, and even more for completing them on higher difficulties. There are also points to be had for completing tasks in certain ways or performing particularly well in certain missions, and for playing the game's revamped Special Ops mode.

If you don't care about story spoilers - of which there are quite a lot - the full list is as follows:

? Back in the Fight - 5G: Start the Single Player Campaign on any difficulty.
? Too Big to Fail - 10G: Destroy the Jamming Tower. Complete "Black Tuesday" on any difficulty.
? Wet Work - 10G: Take back New York Harbor. Complete "Hunter Killer" on any difficulty.
? Carpe Diem - 10G: Escape the mountain safe house. Complete "Persona Non Grata" on any difficulty.
? Frequent Flyer - 10G: Defend the Russian President. Complete "Turbulence" on any difficulty.
? Up to No Good - 10G: Infiltrate the village. Complete "Back on the Grid" on any difficulty.
? One Way Ticket - 10G: Make it to Westminster. Complete "Mind the Gap" on any difficulty.
? Welcome to WW3 - 10G: Save the US Vice President. Complete "Goalpost" on any difficulty.
? Sandstorm! - 10G: Assault the shipping company. Complete "Return to Sender" on any difficulty.
? Back Seat Driver - 10G: Track down Volk. Complete "Bag and Drag" on any difficulty.
? We'll Always Have Paris - 10G: Escape Paris with Volk. Complete "Iron Lady" on any difficulty.
? Vive la Révolution! - 10G: Reach the church. Complete "Eye of the Storm" on any difficulty.
? Requiem - 10G: Escape the city. Complete "Blood Brothers" on any difficulty.
? Storm the Castle - 10G: Discover Makarov's next move. Complete "Stronghold" on any difficulty.
? Bad First Date - 10G: Find the girl. Complete "Scorched Earth" on any difficulty.
? Diamond in the Rough - 10G: Rescue the Russian President. Complete "Down the Rabbit Hole" on any difficulty.
? The Big Apple - 25G: Complete "Black Tuesday" and "Hunter Killer" on Veteran difficulty.
? Out of the Frying Pan... - 25G: Complete "Persona Non Grata", "Turbulence", and "Back on the Grid" on Veteran difficulty.
? Payback - 25G: Complete "Mind the Gap", "Goalpost", and "Return to Sender" on Veteran difficulty.
? City of Lights - 25G: Complete "Bag and Drag" and "Iron Lady" on Veteran difficulty.
? The Darkest Hour - 25G: Complete "Eye of the Storm", "Blood Brothers", and "Stronghold" on Veteran difficulty.
? This is the End - 25G: Complete "Scorched Earth", "Down the Rabbit Hole", and "Dust to Dust" on Veteran difficulty.
? Who Dares Wins - 40G: Complete the campaign on any difficulty.
? The Best of the Best - 100G: Complete the campaign on Hardened or Veteran difficulty.
? Strike! - 20G: Kill 5 enemies with a single grenade in Single Player or Special Ops.
? Jack the Ripper - 20G: Melee 5 enemies in a row in Single Player or Special Ops.
? Informant - 20G: Collect 22 Intel Items.
? Scout Leader - 35G: Collect 46 Intel Items.
? This Is My Boomstick - 20G: Kill 30 enemies with the XM25 in "Black Tuesday."
? What Goes Up... - 20G: Destroy all the choppers with only the UGV's grenade launcher in "Persona Non Grata."
? For Whom the Shell Tolls - 20G: Destroy all targets during the mortar sequence with only 4 shells in "Back on the Grid."
? Kill Box - 20G: Kill 20 enemies with the Chopper Gunner in a single run in "Return to Sender."
? Danger Close - 20G: Take down a chopper with an AC-130 smoke grenade in "Bag and Drag."
? Ménage à Trois - 20G: Destroy 3 tanks with a single 105mm shot in "Iron Lady.")
? Nein - 20G: Kill 9 enemies with A-10 strafing runs in "Scorched Earth."
? 50/50 - 20G: Complete a Special Ops Mission Mode game with the same number of kills as your partner.
? Birdie - 20G: Kill 2 enemy helicopters without getting hit in a Special Ops Survival game.
? Serrated Edge - 15: Finish a Juggernaut with a knife in Special Ops.
? Arms Dealer - 20G: Buy all items from the Survival Weapon Armory.
? Danger Zone - 20G: Buy all items from the Survival Air Support Armory.
? Defense Spending - 20G: Buy all items from the Survival Equipment Armory.
? Get Rich or Die Trying - 25G: Have $50,000 current balance in a Special Ops Survival game.
? I Live - 10G: Survive 1 wave in a Special Ops Survival game.
? Survivor - 20G: Reach Wave 10 in each mission of Special Ops Survival mode.
? Unstoppable - 40G: Reach Wave 15 in each mission of Special Ops Survival mode.
? No Assistance Required - 20G: Complete a Special Ops Mission Mode game on Hardened or Veteran with no player getting downed.
? Brag Rags - 10G: Earn 1 star in Special Ops Mission Mode.
? Tactician - 20G: Earn 1 star in each mission of Special Ops Mission Mode.
? Overachiever - 40G: Earn 48 stars in Special Ops Mission Mode.
? Secret Achievement - 20G: Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement.
If you've made it down this fair, you've probably noticed that the list isn't entirely complete; there's one secret achievement on the list with no indication as to what it might be. Hopefully, it will be for something really bizarre or obscure, like carrying a garden gnome through the whole game, or something similarly strange.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 comes out for PC, PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360 on November 8th.

Source: Xbox 360 Achievements [http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3/achievements/] via CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/320147/modern-warfare-3-achievements-detailed-spoiler-alert-5/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS]

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
In other words: we're looking at 15 missions in Single Player.

If you're in the crowd that cares about an actual SP, then I think you can start whining now.

Enjoy.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
Kargathia said:

If you're in the crowd that cares about an actual SP, then I think you can start whining now.

Enjoy.
I don't think anyone buys CoD for single player.

I actually don't mind these achievements. I might yet buy this game.

Uber Waddles

May 13, 2010
Spec OPs survival mode? Sounds an aweful lot like Zombies to me. And the spoilers weren't that intensive. Kinda vague things.

These acheivements are like the other CoD acheivements - not too thrilling. Its pretty much 'Beat this mode on this difficulty' and a few extra ones to show off some of MW3's new goodies - pretty much the exact same way the other CoD games have done it.

But hey, what works, works. Not every game add's depth with extras, and with Spec Ops mode, multiplayer, and a half-way decent storyline up till this point (be it a short one), I'm happy.

I just cant wait to see Spec Ops survival. Think that'd be fun.

TxMxRonin

Jan 1, 2009
I doesn't have multilayer trophies/achievements so that's a plus but I wonder if Spec Ops this time around will be friends only. I still haven't platinum'd MW2 because all my friends are asleep by the time I get off work and I can't justify buying a second controller just for one game.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
ELOQUENCE
- Yell out 200 ways your opponents' mothers have had intercourse with animals

OT: Neh. Still not interested. And is it really necessary to award people simply for starting the SP campaign? I mean, i hear people criticize it for generally being shit, but is this really the sorts of measures they should take to get people to play it?

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
CarrionRoc said:
I doesn't have multilayer trophies/achievements so that's a plus but I wonder if Spec Ops this time around will be friends only. I still haven't platinum'd MW2 because all my friends are asleep by the time I get off work and I can't justify buying a second controller just for one game.
What do you have left to do? I may be able to help.

OT: Pretty standard list for a CoD game.

Danger Close - 20G: Take down a chopper with an AC-130 smoke grenade in "Bag and Drag."
That one looks interesting.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Logan Westbrook said:
Hopefully, it will be for something really bizarre or obscure, like carrying a garden gnome through the whole game
But getting it into your jeep during that one mission is gonna be too much of a pain for most players to handle, unless they can wedge it in the back somehow.

Logan Westbrook said:
Back in the Fight - 5G: Start the Single Player Campaign on any difficulty.
...Really? While it's good that the achievements are geared toward singleplayer in a community that cares only for multiplayer, this one just seems absurd.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
They cant be very pleases with the SP if you have to entice people to play with an achievment...

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
imnotparanoid said:
They cant be very pleases with the SP if you have to entice people to play with an achievment...
Or maybe they're trying to get those people that never play the SP to give it a go.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Kargathia said:

Enjoy.
It also confirms every single detail of the July leak as far as SP is confirmed, right down to the names and roles of characters(Volk).

BakaSmurf

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2008
...What spoilers? I see no spoilers, but then again, one kind of has to have a half-decent storyline to have any actual spoilers as opposed to, y'know, shitty plot points a goddamn 6-year-old could come up with.

Why do I keep giving the CoD franchise the benefit of the doubt? I don't know, but it ain't happening any more, CoD wants to be an annual multiplayer cash cow? Well it can go ahead and do that while I play games with some actual substance worthy of a $60 price tag, so Activision, you can go wipe your asses with some other fool's money, 'cause you ain't getting mine any more you franchise-destroying bastards.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
BakaSmurf said:
...What spoilers? I see no spoilers, but then again, one kind of has to have a half-decent storyline to have any actual spoilers as opposed to, y'know, shitty plot points a goddamn 6-year-old could come up with.

Why do I keep giving the CoD franchise the benefit of the doubt? I don't know, but it ain't happening any more, CoD wants to be an annual multiplayer cash cow? Well it can go ahead and do that while I play games with some actual substance worthy of a $60 price tag, so Activision, you can go wipe your asses with some other fool's money, 'cause you ain't getting mine any more you franchise-destroying bastards.
The plot in a nutshell:
American protagonist defends iconic locations from nazis russian nazi copycats while Price and friends gather a bunch of unlikely allies(one of which is Nikolai another russian dude) to hunt down Zakhaev Shepard Makarov and stop his master plan of nukes new world order stuff I forgot 5 minutes after reading the leak.

Kekkles

Feb 19, 2010
My dear god. This is why achievements shouldn't exist. 5G for pressing single player WELL DONE.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Kekkles said:
My dear god. This is why achievements shouldn't exist. 5G for pressing single player WELL DONE.
I guess it shows the dev's opinion of the average CoD player.

"Congrats you figured out your controller has buttons! And you pressed them! Here, have a treat!"

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
So, same ol' same ol'?

Eh. Still not getting it unless parents get it for me for Christmas.