Fable III Confirmed Via Wedding Announcement

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Fable III Confirmed Via Wedding Announcement

Lionhead Studios' worst kept secret, Fable III, has been unofficially confirmed by a wedding announcement in The New York Times of all places.

Lionhead Studios may have made a big splash at E3 with Peter Molyneux's Milo demo for the Natal, but I think most gamers are much more excited about a sequel for the developer's marquee franchise, Fable, than anything else. Nobody seemed upset about the lack of Fable at E3, but maybe that's because we all assume it's coming.

Well assume no more, because Fable III has been unofficially confirmed by The New York Times. Not through some sort of investigative reporting where a reporter dug through Peter Molyneux's trash, but, surprisingly, via a wedding announcement [http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/28/fashion/weddings/28GILBERT.html?_r=4].

Amy Gilbert, a grad student in London, is marrying Joshua Atkins, who the announcement lists as "the lead game designer for Fable III, a video game series produced by Lionhead Studios in Guildford, England." This isn't some prank - Atkins is definitely a Lionhead employee, with a design credit on Fable II.

Fable III was previously mentioned in unofficial terms by British talk show host Jonathan Ross, who claimed [http://twitter.com/Wossy/status/1308386483] he'd been asked to do voiceover work for the game. Two unofficial confirmations should be enough to assure you that this game exists. Now we just have to wait for the official word, which I'm guessing won't come until next year.

Oh yeah, and congratulations to the happy couple. May your marriage be more successful than mine in Fable II was (it ended in murder).

[Via Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/30/fable-3-designer-gets-married-and-wait-a-minute/]]

cobrausn

Dec 10, 2008
I hope Fable III has a better co-op mode than Fable II. I might play it then.

Oh who am I kidding. I'm a western RPG junkie, I'll play it regardless.

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
Hey, mine ended in murder to! So did that other one... and that other one... and then my wife got killed by bandits (I brought her there!) oh yeah, also that one where I brought 10 woman into my bedroom, then killed them all...

Hehe...

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
What? Another Fable game? Can't they at least port the second to PC before doing this?

It would be nice for them to try and work some PC freedom into it.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
I'm betting it will be compatible with Natal, Peter's excited face when talking about a simulated kid was just too much of an indication.

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
I hate myself for being excited.
And I hope Jonathan Ross takes that voiceover oppertunity, that'd be brilliant.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Keane Ng said:
Oh yeah, and congratulations to the happy couple. May your marriage be more successful than mine in Fable II was (it ended in murder).
Hmm, that doesn't surprise me, Keane.

As for the topic, I reckon this may well be pretty good if Molyneux can actually be a bit more realistic about it. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the guy (I have to say that because he's more likely then to give me a job when I graduate), but he does overhype things. I reckon he just gets excited about his games to the point where he loses sense of what is really possible with today's technology.

Still, I'm kind of looking forward to Fable III. Especially if it ends up being steampunk, which I personally feel is the natural progression based on the evolution of Albion from Fable I to Fable II...

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
AmrasCalmacil said:
He'll probably play the part of another travelling salesman who can't pronounce his Rs.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Did someone say Fable III Natal compatible?

Vanguard_Ex said:
AmrasCalmacil said:
He'll probably play the part of another travelling salesman who can't pronounce his Rs.
Please god let one of the characters be called Ronald Rorchester of Wrexam.

Or something similar.

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
Oh wow, First it got announced on Twitter by Jonathan Ross, by accident. And now it gets confirmed by accident.

Maybe they'll actually keep their promises with this one in a series of accidents.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
I don't get why people say Fable II wasn't successful. It was, most definately. It held Play.com's most bought list for nearly two weeks.

Sure, was an extreme letdown, but it was successful.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
D_987 said:
I'm looking forward to it already - the Fable series is great.
The last part of Fable II was it's biggest let-down for me. No big boss, just shoot a guy and he dies. Pretty uninspirational don't you think?

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
StarStruckStrumpets said:
D_987 said:
I'm looking forward to it already - the Fable series is great.
The last part of Fable II was it's biggest let-down for me. No big boss, just shoot a guy and he dies. Pretty uninspirational don't you think?
Yes, but as a whole I have enjoyed the 2 games (well I've actually owned both the original and The lost Chapters, so 3 games).

Agent Larkin

Apr 6, 2009
Allow me to sum up my feeligs in one long word

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!