Seasonal Brews

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Seasonal Brews

Hollywood watches the turning of the seasons very closely.

Read Full Article

Stall

Apr 16, 2011
I clicked on this expecting this to be about beer.

As you can imagine, I am quite disappointed.

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
Of course here in the Southern Hemisphere, all the "summer" kids movies are released during our winter, when all the kids are in school =P

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Tarsem is doing the Immortals??? Why has this not been brought to my attention? To hell with Skyrim, there's an epic arriving on that date to be sure! I am so pumped for that now.

Darmani

Apr 26, 2010
Really? I always thought Spring was Romance or Comedy Season. Low LOW LOW romances and romantic comedies, with the occassional "big but not popular" actor/director's fare to hit the movie. Neither a big blockbuster, a blatant Oscar Grab, or deep and meaningful thing. Just brain candy for girls and the nonmanchild... mostly.

marscentral

Where's the Kaboom?
Dec 26, 2009
It always struck me as odd that they release the biggest films at a time you're most likely to want to be outside and not in a darkened room. That may just be because my local cinema has terrible air-conditioning. Television uses that logic though, summer is the wasteland of reality shows and repeats because they're not expecting big audiences.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Considering that temperature around here has been flutuating from freezing cold with hail to painfully dry and hot, I'm glad something still follows the seasons, because wheather sure as hell doesn't.

whitewing

Sep 7, 2010
Actually a fair portion of the world will be having Remembrance Day on 11/11, like every year.

Odd that so much stuff wants to be released on that particular day...

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
Seasonal Brews? For a second there I thought this was a Feed Dump ;)

whitewing said:
Actually a fair portion of the world will be having Remembrance Day on 11/11, like every year.

Odd that so much stuff wants to be released on that particular day...
At least it isn't 2018.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I'm surprised MovieBob didn't mention January in there. January is the garbage month, where the crap films get shoved alongside the expanded release of prestige pics. Movies like Norbit, Paul Blart: Mall Cop, and One Missed Call were all January flicks and the upcoming Underworld 4 will be one too.

Mister Linton

Mar 11, 2011
Correction: Summer blockbusters were ushered in by Jaws. Also, learn what the word literally means Bob.