Diablo 3 Earns 15 Rating in UK

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Diablo 3 Earns 15 Rating in UK

The latest entry in the Diablo franchise continues the series' proud tradition of getting a 15 ratings.

The eagerly awaited Diablo 3 [http://www.amazon.com/Diablo-III-Pc/dp/B00178630A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317727405&sr=8-1] has earned itself a 15 rating in the UK, courtesy of the BBFC. As usual, the rating is a little short on information, although it does reveal that the game has "moderate bloody violence" - which will surprise no one - and a little over half an hour of cut scenes.

It's unlikely that long time Diablo fans will be surprised by the rating. While neither the original Diablo, or its sequel Diablo 2 were rated by the BBFC, they both received 15+ ratings from ELSPA - or the Entertainment and Leisure Software Publishers' Association, which has since become UKIE - and a 16+ ratings from PEGI. Similarly, both previous games have received the same rating from the ESRB - Mature - and Diablo 3 probably won't be any different.

I don't disagree with the rating at all - everything I've seen about the game suggests that it's entirely correct - although I do think that a game in which monsters actually burst only has "moderate" bloody violence.

Diablo 3 is scheduled to come out for PC at some point early next year.

Source: CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/321092/diablo-3-gets-a-15-bbfc-rating/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS]

chstens

Apr 14, 2009
I commented on this when you posted the age rating for Skyrim as well, and again, I have to ask, why is this newsworthy?

Deathlyphil

Mar 6, 2008
chstens said:
I commented on this when you posted the age rating for Skyrim as well, and again, I have to ask, why is this newsworthy?
Because here in Britain BBFC age ratings are legally binding? Unlike all the other ones?

chstens

Apr 14, 2009
Deathlyphil said:
chstens said:
Because here in Britain BBFC age ratings are legally binding? Unlike all the other ones?
It's legally binding in Norway as well, but I don't see Norwegian websites reporting on fucking age restrictions. It's not a big deal, if a game gets banned, I can understand that, but otherwise, it's just a silly "Oh no! Things are different outside America" thing, and not really newsworthy at all.

OMGIllithan

Mar 28, 2009
chstens said:
Deathlyphil said:
chstens said:
It's legally binding in Norway as well, but I don't see Norwegian websites reporting on fucking age restrictions. It's not a big deal, if a game gets banned, I can understand that, but otherwise, it's just a silly "Oh no! Things are different outside America" thing, and not really newsworthy at all.
Relax dude, theres plenty of other news on the site to read if you don't find this article particularly interesting. No need to get riled up about it.