Resident Evil Revelations Gets Box Art And A Release Date

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Resident Evil Revelations Gets Box Art And A Release Date

The next chapter in Capcom's beloved survival-horror series hits the Nintendo 3DS this February.

If you're reading this site, I feel pretty confident in assuming you know what Resident Evil is. Zombies, scary dogs, "master of unlocking;" this is a series you're all familiar with.

You may also be aware that the Nintendo 3DS already has a Resident Evil game. Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D was released this June. The key difference between it and Revelations however, is that while Mercenaries was more or less a multiplayer-centric shooter set in the Resident Evil world and populated by its characters, Revelations is a full-fledged canon entry in the series.

Capcom's official press release explains:

Set between the events of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5, the all new episodic narrative sees fan favorite characters Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield paired with new BSAA members Parker Luciani and Jessica Sherawat on their search to discover the truth about the Veltro terrorist organization and the T-Abyss virus outbreak.

Players will need to make use of the unique Nintendo 3DS touch screen to solve puzzles and switch between weapons as they try to survive the horror that awaits them around every corner. Environments will need to be scanned with the Genesis Scanner to reveal hidden items and identify enemies.

With more characters, brand new enemies and conspiracies still to be unveiled Resident Evil Revelations promises an authentic Resident Evil experience when it launches on Nintendo 3DS in February.

Perhaps that isn't enough incentive for you to buy this game. Perhaps you need some tangible trinket of negligible value to convince you. Gamestop has you covered.

Anyone who pre-orders the game from now until the title's February 7 release will receive "a unique Resident Evil Revelations 3DS case with an image that changes in the sunlight."

What the image changes into (or what it starts out as) is unknown, but I'm going to guess that at least one of those things is sorta gross and/or has superfluous tongues all over the place. That's just how Capcom rolls.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Well, it sounds like a neat little thing but I would have preferred a figure or soundtrack or something.

Voltano

Dec 11, 2008
...I don't think this is what Jim Sterling [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/4745-Fighting-The-Problem-Of-Used-Games] meant by rewarding the player for pre-ordering or buying a game brand new.

Well, the good news that come from this is there are still some new games coming out for the 3DS so hopefully this will improve the lifespan (slowly). Seems like the only good game coming out for the 3DS now is "Cave Story".

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Ser Imp said:
Worgen said:
Well, it sounds like a neat little thing but I would have preferred a figure or soundtrack or something.
Maybe a pair of Albert Wesker sunglasses?
Or an mp3 player full of Albert Wesker's soothing yet crazy rants.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
I kept thinking that box art looked really familiar, took me a bit to put my finger on it, but it looks stupid amounts of similar to Condemned 2's box art.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Worgen said:
Ser Imp said:
Worgen said:
I would so totally pre-order this game if that was the bonus, in spite of not having a 3DS.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
I was never interested in Mercenaries but I have been looking forward to this, I'm glad it finally has a release date and look forward to buying it.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Ser Imp said:
Worgen said:
Ser Imp said:
Worgen said:
As long as they included THIS one
<youtube=CLL90q3as4M>
Don't forget these. :p

OT: Are those stars in that image? (O_O)
Actual stars?

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Earnest Cavalli said:
Zombies, scary dogs, "master of unlocking;" this is a series you're all familiar with.
What about Jill sandwiches?, they're delicious.

OT: Meh, sounds like a standard (and silly) premise of a regular Resident Evil game.