Name Game: Robutt Arms

Leels

Feb 13, 2010
Robutt Arms

If we don't have these in 16 years, I'm gonna be pissed.

Read Full Article

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
The one reason I keep away from retail is my low tolerance of punching people in the face for being wrong, but being adamant that they are right and that I am wrong. Many lives have been spared due to this decision.
If I had augments, it would be even worse.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
Someone genuinely believed that a Zelda game was on the Xbox 360? I thought Zelda counted as common knowledge for gamers.

FrancoDHorse

Mar 9, 2010
Oh man Extra Credits O:
I have to catch up with that. What's worse is when on launch day a parent would demand you to manifest Halo Reach for the Nintendo Wii... Yeah that was the longest hour my manager and I ever had >_>

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Vault Citizen said:
Someone genuinely believed that a Zelda game was on the Xbox 360? I thought Zelda counted as common knowledge for gamers.
You're confusing "gamers" with "people who buy and play games." Lots of folks who buy them are doing so as gifts for kids/husbands/friends, and couldn't tell you the first thing about them. And even people who play them don't know what goes on what system. Many first time purchasers are genuinely baffled that you can't play every game on every system. After all, if you buy a DVD, it'll play on any DVD player, so why should a game be any different? Blu-rays have helped with that a bit, thankfully; now the concept is a bit easier to explain.

The average gaming consumer neither knows, nor cares, about most of the stuff we take utterly for granted.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
hehe, gotta love it when Luke goes all mad table flipper on that customer.

That panel alone cracked me up xD

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Susan Arendt said:
Vault Citizen said:
You're confusing "gamers" with "people who buy and play games." Lots of folks who buy them are doing so as gifts for kids/husbands/friends, and couldn't tell you the first thing about them. And even people who play them don't know what goes on what system. Many first time purchasers are genuinely baffled that you can't play every game on every system. After all, if you buy a DVD, it'll play on any DVD player, so why should a game be any different? Blu-rays have helped with that a bit, thankfully; now the concept is a bit easier to explain.

The average gaming consumer neither knows, nor cares, about most of the stuff we take utterly for granted.
You make an excellent point, Susan. I worked the register of my mall's GameStop a couple years ago and I had to deal with these kinds of people on a daily basis. It especially gets bad around the holidays because, as you said, people buy them as gifts and don't really know much about the different consoles or why some games are exclusives for each console. Even some gamers are clueless to the concept of exclusivity.

Hell, I remember this one time when some dude came up to the register and asked if we sold Halo 3: ODST for the PS3. I told him no, of course, and said that Halo was an Xbox exclusive franchise. I then recommended both Unreal Tournament 3 and Killzone 2 because he seemed to just want a shooter fix. Fortunately, he was fine with the letdown, and he walked out with Unreal about two minutes later.

It really breaks my heart to see this in modern day society. Hopefully the ever-expanding medium of digital distribution can avert these types of issues.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
Vault Citizen said:

That is a fair point, after working in retail (at a place that used to rival blockbuster) myself you'd think I'd know better.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Leels said:
Customer is always right I suppose?
No. No they are not. The customer is wrong unless they prove themselves right, and all they're owed is a fair chance to prove themselves right.

BlackFrost

Aug 7, 2009
I really liked you're work in Extra Credits this week and you're comic. Keep up the good work

jonyboy13

Aug 13, 2010
BlackFrost said:
I really liked you're work in Extra Credits this week and you're comic. Keep up the good work
That. I REALLY liked the EC drawing, the Medic one was epic.

Eternal_Lament

Sep 23, 2010
Technically, there was a Zelda game for 360: it just didn't star Link, took place on Earth, had crazy and messy Warhammer style designs, and was called Darksiders if I remember correctly.

DuelLadyS

Aug 25, 2010
Oh man, what I wouldn't give to make myself invisible at work... I'm surprised he'd ever turn that off.

I'm not at all surprised someone would ask for Zelda on the Xbox. I work in a craft store. I've had to explain how velcro works. Twice. I also got into an argument with a woman who'd gotten ahold of an ad early, and was arguing that it said 'on sale now' on the front, therefore everything should be on sale now. Yeah... people don't really surprise me anymore.

(And I was very happy to see yesterday's EC. Although I want to kick myself for not picking up on it being your art sooner.)

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-15197124

Looks like it actually might happen, eventually anyway.

flyhawk

Jan 1, 2011
customer = king sigh whomever made that stupid rule should be shot

the abuse and accuse U while at work for everything if there mood is bad

Voltano

Dec 11, 2008
DuelLadyS said:
Oh man, what I wouldn't give to make myself invisible at work... I'm surprised he'd ever turn that off.
Of course he needs to turn it off. That invisible skill drains your batteries fast and he needs at least one battery to do a take-down on that annoying customer. :p

On-topic: I worked in retail in an Amusement Park years ago, and a lot of people that went there were freaking insane. Penny Arcade had a "Greater Internet F*ckwad Theory [http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19]" based upon people acting anonymous online, but I think people just act like dicks as they don't consider other viewpoints.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Voltano said:
DuelLadyS said:
Of course he needs to turn it off. That invisible skill drains your batteries fast and he needs at least one battery to do a take-down on that annoying customer. :p

On-topic: I worked in retail in an Amusement Park years ago, and a lot of people that went there were freaking insane. Penny Arcade had a "Greater Internet F*ckwad Theory [http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19]" based upon people acting anonymous online, but I think people just act like dicks as they don't consider other viewpoints.
It doesn't actually say 'online'. I think it's just as relevant because the fuckwad in question here feels anonymous to the shop assistant he's shouting at. If he was there with a friend he might just become normal again.

I think there's nothing wrong with not knowing what console a Zelda game is on though. A lot of people just aren't invested enough into gaming to know that sort of thing.

Getting angry at shop workers is bad though. Bad customer. Bad.