Inner Sphere News Goes Live on Twitter

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Inner Sphere News Goes Live on Twitter

Attention Mechwarrior fans: the Inner Sphere News network is on the air!

Does the thought of giant robots battling over the crumbling remains of an interstellar empire in the 31st century send a chill up your spine? Are you on Twitter? If you answered "yes" to both those questions, then may I humbly encourage you to turn your attention to the Inner Sphere News, a brand-new Twitter feed that bills itself as "THE source for Inner Sphere news."

The ISN launch was followed almost immediately by a report of a "fragmented message" from Independence Weaponry on the world of Quentin. The fragment is part of an image, presumably of some sort of battlemech; two more fragments have since been decoded and released, while a fourth will be put out once the ISN has 450 followers.

It's all rather cryptic so far but I don't think it's too much of a trick to figure out what's going on, or at least why the ISN is so suddenly on the air. Last week, Russ Bullock of Piranha Games provided a long overdue update [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/113407-Mechwarrior-Reboot-Still-Rebooting] on the status of his studio's Mechwarrior reboot, asking fans to hang in and saying that "it may be another month or so." And what is "it?" Nobody knows! But Bullock has also been retweeting ISN updates; it was through his feed that I became aware of it in the first place.

So while "it" remains a mystery, it's looking pretty cool at this point. Keep up with all the latest happenings in the Inner Sphere, or at least one little part of it, on the ISN Twitter feed, @InnerSphereNews [http://twitter.com/#!/InnerSphereNews].

Bluntman1138

Aug 12, 2011
They really should change the name of ISN. To close to Inter Stellar News from Babylon 5, with the same abreviation.

But i am REALLY excited to see some Battletech coming around again. Time to pop out an old unpainted Marauder mini, and have at it.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
This news alone has been the only thing that has been able to make me sign up for Twitter >.>
I'm just that much of a Battletech fangirl >.>
Can't wait for more news >.>

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Nu
nyur
muh uh mu
can't
make
speek
too excited

I still hope that the Clans make some kind of extra violent appearance. Even if it does mess with accepted canon, maybethe Wolf Dragoons and some help that nobody lived to see?

JPArbiter

Oct 14, 2010
Bob_Marley42 said:
A tenner says its an "unseen" 'mech that they've got the licencing for (at long last).
I doubt it, that fist with a laser focusing array above it does not match any known unseen design. the closest is the thunderbolt with that massive large laser (that is as long for some reason as the mech is) more likely that is an Atlas or a quickdraw.

I lean towards the Atlas since that was one of the five mascotts for Battletech (Warhammer, Atlas, Zeus, Mad Cat, PP Battlemaster)

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
I'm thinking Atlas too, but if it's an unseen, so much the better.

BroJing

Sep 16, 2010
This could be amazing...but then again if it's anything like those godawful third person action games they released under the Battletech franchise then I'm gonna PPC someone.

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
I have high hopes. Call me overly optimistic if you will, but there seems to be a real seriousness here, and a desire to take the franchise back to what made it so great. I loved the franchise (up until Mechwarrior 3, anyway) and I hope to love it again.

And it's nice to see that at least a few of you are jumping onto Twitter for this. It's one of the net's greatest time-wasters, but if you just stick with ISN and ignore everything else, you'll be fine. :)

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
Damn it. This is the one thing that would make me sign up on twitter. Must resist urge but it'll be difficult.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Well I dropped the peices into Photoshop and here's what we have so far