Try Our 'Leaving On a Jet Plane' Quiz!

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Try Our 'Leaving On a Jet Plane' Quiz!

Time to kick the tires and light the fires in this week's quiz!

Feeling the need for speed? With Ace Combat: Assault Horizon landing on the Xbox 360 and PS3 this week, we've put together a quiz dedicated to all things aerial combat in videogames. From arcade shoot 'em ups to flight simulators, if its got two wings and an engine, its waiting on the flight deck. Think you have what it takes to fly with the best? Or is your ego writing checks your body can't cash?

(Take the quiz. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/172])

You'll have as long as you like to take the quiz, and can retake it until you get 100%. Just remember your cumulative time will affect your position on the leaderboard.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
I somehow managed to land in first place! :D

I know that'll be a distant memory in a matter of minutes though. I got only half right but that's pretty good considering I just pulled the answers out of my afterburner, I barely know a damn thing about flight games.

Ne1butme

Nov 16, 2009
Wow, this just isn't my subject. The only ones i got right were related to movies. Got the Top Gun answer and the rotating cockpit answer because the game was featured in T2:JD

8M1ke8

Sep 18, 2008
I think something's wrong here, I'm absolutely sure about all the answers and even googled them afterwards but I still get 9/10 :/

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Oh... reading the news post explains a few things. And I was wondering why the Escapist would host a John Denver quiz.
Silly me.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Hooorah!

80th at 50%!

Pretty damn good since I knew jack all about any of the questions.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Wow, I'm impressed with myself. I guessed my way through and got a 0. That's impressively bad guessing!

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
I scored 70%, with 7 of 10 correct on The Escapist's The 'Leaving On a Jet Plane' Quiz!. [br] [a href="/quizzes/view/172-The-Leaving-On-a-Jet-Plane-Quiz"]Take this quiz[/a]

I haven't played much of those games, but I still remembered hearing about them.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I scored 60%, with 6 of 10 correct on The Escapist's The 'Leaving On a Jet Plane' Quiz!. Take this quiz [/quizzes/view/172-The-Leaving-On-a-Jet-Plane-Quiz]

Ah Shmups were never my thing anyway.

8M1ke8

Sep 18, 2008

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
8M1ke8 said:
Stryc9 said:
This classic vertical scrolling shoot 'em up released in 1994 by Apogee Software put players in the role of a mercenary working for MegaCorp.

I'm pretty sure the correct answer to this question is Raptor: Call of the Shadows
and not Carrier Air Wing.

See, here's proof.
http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/15/Raptor+-+Call+of+the+Shadows.html
So that's supposed to be the correct answer? That's funny because: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrier_Air_Wing
I'm not saying that Carrier Air Wing didn't exist, it's just the wrong answer to the question being asked.

Carrier Air Wing came out in 1990, it was made by Capcom, not Apogee Software and it's a side-scroller instead of a vertically scrolling top down shooter.

8M1ke8

Sep 18, 2008
Stryc9 said:
I'm not saying that Carrier Air Wing didn't exist, it's just the wrong answer to the question being asked.

Carrier Air Wing came out in 1990, it was made by Capcom, not Apogee Software and it's a side-scroller instead of a vertically scrolling top down shooter.
I know, that was my point. I was asking if that was the "correct" answer in the quiz because it's obviously wrong.

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
8M1ke8 said:
Stryc9 said:

I know, that was my point. I was asking if that was the "correct" answer in the quiz because it's obviously wrong.
If you click Carrier Air Wing you'll get the question correct. At least that's the way it was yesterday when I took it.

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
Fail! I got 3/10! I should know more about this, too, since my brother is a huge aircraft nut.