Free Space Marine DLC Launching in Late October

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Free Space Marine DLC Launching in Late October

Grab a few friends and chainsaw some Orks as a team in Space Marine's upcoming cooperative missions.

Players eager to slash through more hordes of xenos in Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine won't have to wait too long as developer Relic Entertainment has set October 25th as the release date for the game's newest DLC pack.

Called "Exterminatus," the new DLC introduce a cooperative mode of the same name that will let players battle together against Orks and other enemies from Space Marine's single-player campaign. Progression made in the co-op mode will apply to players' multiplayer ranking, and bonus perks earned in Space Marine's other modes can be used in the in the team-based setting.

Currently the "Exterminatus" DLC has two scenarios lined up, titled "Assault on Hab Center Andreas" and "Escape from Kalkys Facility," which by name alone may give a few hints as to what sort of objectives players should expect to accomplish. Players will be judged on their in-game performance, and may face additional challenges based on their successes.

Relic currently has several more DLC packs for Space Marine in the works, and has stated that future downloadable content will be a mix of both free and premium updates.

Source: EuroGamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-07-space-marine-co-op-dlc-release-date]

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Booooooooooooooooo! They said pre-Space Marine release that this was going to be released in early October :( I was looking forward to Ork killing any day now.

Oh well, at least it's still coming! I'm looking forward to it! Plus more potentially free DLC in the works! I would pay for good DLC, I love the game.

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
Whew..

I was half tempted to return it in Rapestop's Hate/Beat 7 Days but the multiplayer code did work >.> so I guess I might keep it....this will do...to occupy my time til Skyrim

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I already knew this was coming but I'm still excited nonetheless. Time to get myself up to Level 41 before this jewel comes out!
[sub]You said it was 30 day DLC Relic! I hope the delay will make it better.[/sub]

IndianaJonny

Mysteron Display Team
Jan 6, 2011
Any word on whether you can play as other chapters besides Ultramarines in this DLC? (Will it function as 'co-op' in the multiplayer sense or in the campaign sense)

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
IndianaJonny said:
Any word on whether you can play as other chapters besides Ultramarines in this DLC? (Will it function as 'co-op' in the multiplayer sense or in the campaign sense)
You play as your marine from multiplayer, assault, tactical or devestator and with the perks/armour/weapons you got there :p

OT: Looking forward too it, mostly the reason I bought it on the PC, so I could play the coop on the PC with him :D

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
:mad: bloody hell .... the 25th?! lame .... well fine, be like that, i'll just keep killing my friends till then

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Huh, I was just playing multiplayer on this.

I've been checking the add on marketplace every day for this, so it's good to see a date for it. Looking forward to having a little more variety online.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Not coming out as soon as I would hope but I hope they do dedicated servers for this mode.

IndianaJonny

Mysteron Display Team
Jan 6, 2011
therandombear said:
IndianaJonny said:
You play as your marine from multiplayer, assault, tactical or devestator and with the perks/armour/weapons you got there :p..
And system-link? (i.e. can two people play on one copy if only one of them has XBL; a la Halo: Reach)

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
IndianaJonny said:
therandombear said:
IndianaJonny said:
You play as your marine from multiplayer, assault, tactical or devestator and with the perks/armour/weapons you got there :p..
And system-link? (i.e. can two people play on one copy if only one of them has XBL; a la Halo: Reach)
No idea about that, sorry :<

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
lordlillen said:
i seem to remember the DLC is free for first time buyers.
Nope, it's completely free for everyone. If you're buying used, you have to pay a $10 fee to go past Level 5 and use the customizer but that isn't relevant.