The Missing Link DLC Dated and Priced

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
The Missing Link DLC Dated and Priced

The price and release date for The Missing Link, the upcoming DLC for Deus Ex: Human Revolution, have finally been announced

Because I need to pad this post with a little more than just "October 18, 1200 Microsoft points or $14.99," here's a little background on The Missing Link for those of you who haven't been paying attention. Long story short - in part because I haven't finished the game yet, so I'm desperately trying to avoid spoilers - Adam Jensen, our augmented hero, falls into the clutches of Belltower, a private military corporation with which he has what you might call a rocky relationship. Now he has to bust loose, find the truth and make his way to sweet, sweet freedom, baby!

It's not the most detailed synopsis ever but as the recently-released who said [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/113597-Jensen-Goes-to-Town-in-New-Deus-Ex-DLC-Trailer] that the final boss battle can be resolved with a non-lethal takedown or even a long-distance stealth kill.

The fun begins on October 18 - did I already mention that? - except for European PS3 owners, who for some reason have to wait until October 19, and will cost 1200 Microsoft points or $14.99 on PlayStation 3 and Steam.

Source: Twitter [http://twitter.com/#!/eidosmontreal]

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
AlternatePFG said:
15$? The DLC better be more than a few hours long in that case.
Think of it like this. It costs $15 bucks to get Jensens shirt off.

That makes Jensen a very cheep stripper.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
That DLC better be the shit for $15, I was expecting $10, but good God that's a lot.

I know when I finished it and I went through my trophies to see what I need to get I did see a list of trophies for the DLC, after an update, so I'm very suspicious.

tinkyyy

Nov 17, 2008
Us Europeans PS3 owners have to wait until Wednesday because that's PSN Store update day!

Still haven't got the game though, but on Amazon its £16.99. As soon as I get paid I am buying it.

May 28, 2009
vrbtny said:
AlternatePFG said:

That prompted me to take another look at the picture.

His chest seems... off.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Lord Mountbatten Reborn said:
vrbtny said:
AlternatePFG said:

His chest seems... off.
Yeah, it's slightly off-putting that instead of having a six-pack he has a 8 or 12 pack, which extends well into his rib-cage. He does deny the rules of biology, having a seriously muscled rib-cage.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
vrbtny said:
Yeah, it's slightly off-putting that instead of having a six-pack he has a 8 or 12 pack, which extends well into his rib-cage. He does deny the rules of biology, having a seriously muscled rib-cage.
It was part of the augments, naturally. Sarif wanted it, for some reason.

SPARTANXIII

Nov 24, 2009
Lord Mountbatten Reborn said:
vrbtny said:
AlternatePFG said:

His chest seems... off.
He's Augmented everywhere, from head to toe, so its going to look a bit off anyway.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
AlternatePFG said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Woodsey said:
Guys, it's meant to be 5 to 6 hours long, fully voiced, completely new environment... and you want it for less then 15?

It's roughly the same price you would pay for an indie game of the same length and it's not just a map pack or weapons pack.

I don't think it's steep, especially when you have the likes of CoD cramming crappy map packs down our necks for the same price.

Ph33nix

Jul 13, 2009
wtf? this better be a 10 hour dlc to justify the cost of 1/4 of the full game i better get 1/4 of the main games playtime. Same problem I have with all dlc.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
Mcoffey said:
Ragsnstitches said:
AlternatePFG said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Woodsey said:
Guys, it's meant to be 5 to 6 hours long, fully voiced, completely new environment... and you want it for less then 15?

It's roughly the same price you would pay for an indie game of the same length and it's not just a map pack or weapons pack.

I don't think it's steep, especially when you have the likes of CoD cramming crappy map packs down our necks for the same price.
The GTA DLCs were like 10-20 hours of extra content and were only 20. I'm still playing Undead Nightmare and it was only 10 (As I recall).

It kind of pricey, but if it turns out to be a really good DLC, like Lair of the Shadow Broker or Old World Blues, then it might win me over.
Well, I'm not really faulting anyone if they think it's pricey, but if it's 6 hours of more dues ex, I'd say 15 is reasonable.

Relatively speaking though, it's a better price then most DLC. That said, DLC has no set standard for pricing at the moment... so it's hard to debate it.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
Ragsnstitches said:
Relatively speaking though, it's a better price then most DLC.
That's a complete and utter lie. The majority of gameplay-based DLC that I've seen is priced at 800 Microsoft Points or less.

New Vegas' Old World Blues was 800 points and that was full of content. I'll be incredibly disappointed if this isn't a big piece of DLC.