Valve Unleashes the Mann Co. "Mannivesary" Update and Sale

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Valve Unleashes the Mann Co. "Mannivesary" Update and Sale

It's the One Year Manniversary of the Team Fortress 2 Mann Company Store!

One year ago today [actually, yesterday] Valve opened the Mann Company Store for Team Fortress 2, which lets players purchase not just Valve-created in-game items but also some designed by members of the community, who were paid for their efforts [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104607-Valve-Pays-Royalties-for-Fan-Created-Items-in-TF2] - pretty well, as it turns out. In just one year, community content creators earned more than $2 million for their efforts. Two million dollars!

To make life even easier for those intrepid builders and the less-talented members of the community who live only to judge the works of others, Valve has opened the Steam Workshop [http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse], an improved version of the content creation hub that will simplify the uploading and feedback process for user-generated content.

For those of you who'd rather play than build, a big Manniversary Update brings 30 new hats and other cosmetic items to the game, along with item decals, loadout presets, a week-long "try before you buy" system and even a new taunt. And nearly all of it is on sale!

Confound men of science! Become a hot dog expert! Learn how to hit people in the face with a broken bottle! Sound hot? Of course it does! So read all about it at the commemorative One Year Anniversary Mann Co. Update and Sale Catalog [http://www.teamfortress.com/manniversary/index.html].

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
I've already invested in a medal and huge-ass wooden sign and will be decorating it with an Escapist 'e' to bring the pain!
Decals are going to be awesome! Good thing they have the new report system in place as I can foresee much abuse of the decals system.

I still need a witty name for the wooden sign though.

Feb 13, 2008

I so want L'Inspecteur Clousea's hat for the Spy as well.

Obligatory Plug Is Obligatory [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/The-Escapist-Team-Fortress-2-Group-PC]

TimeLord said:
I still need a witty name for the wooden sign though.
A Sign of the Timelord?
The End Is Very Nigh?

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:

Does the Cremators Conscience actually go on the Pyro's shoulders? By the look of the Store view, it goes on the Pyro's chest.

Feb 13, 2008
TimeLord said:
Does the Cremators Conscience actually go on the Pyro's shoulders? By the look of the Store view, it goes on the Pyro's chest.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
TimeLord said:

they hang on his chest, and the grenades are removed.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
therandombear said:
TimeLord said:

they hang on his chest, and the grenades are removed.
I'm actually disappointed by that. They would have been so much better on his shoulders since they are the same colour as the Pyro's uniform they are against. :/ Ah well, can't have everything.

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
Great update except it broke the item server, 50% of the server I play on the server fails to connect to the item server leaving me with the default load out >_<

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
kebab4you said:
Great update except it broke the item server, 50% of the server I play on the server fails to connect to the item server leaving me with the default load out >_<
ya, most servers have lost connection with item servers.

I didn't get connection with item servers until now. >.<

BgRdMchne

Jun 24, 2011
kebab4you said:
I know, it's almost like playing Team Fortress 2, except that it looks good now.

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
BgRdMchne said:
kebab4you said:
I know, it's almost like playing Team Fortress 2, except that it looks good now.
Well I don't mind that I mean more the weapon load out, most of the standard weapons are useless.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
BgRdMchne said:
kebab4you said:
Except for, you know, it always looked good, but you don't need me here, telling you this, doll.

Ne1butme said:
I tend to celebrate this as the anniversary of when TF2 started getting crappy.
Really? I thought it was just more advanced? God this thread is going to get more depressing then a elderly home after the youngest guy dies.

BgRdMchne

Jun 24, 2011
Aprilgold said:
BgRdMchne said:
kebab4you said:
Except for, you know, it always looked good, but you don't need me here, telling you this, doll.
Sorry, honey bunny, but this:

does not look good.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
BgRdMchne said:
Aprilgold said:
BgRdMchne said:
kebab4you said:
Sorry, honey bunny, but this:

does not look good.
OH, the characters, I thought you meant the GAME, the characters, overall look good *Max's head is off the head of everyone now, trust me* and the characters now have their percieved sense of 'style' back from the old days.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010

I'm so glad I never bought anything from that store.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
My two sessions of TF2 since the update.

First: Items didn't work, got stuck on the map information screen, and my game crashed.

Second: Game just crashed.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Theres only one thing i dont thoroughly approve of in this update. That baby is going to haunt my dreams for a good time until i get more Dark Souls in.

BanthaFodder

Jan 17, 2011
The BEST part by FAR is the addition of "Salvaged Mann Co Supply Crates".
HO-LEE SHIT.

apparently they drop less frequently than other crates and contain new Strange weapons.
people are selling these new crates for upwards of 7 refined. I've seen a Strange Gunslinger go for a Team Spirit painted Bill's Hat.

I love TF2. I love 90% of the community. but the trading community never ceases to amaze me by somehow becoming more and more pants-on-head-retarded with each new update.

and I will laugh, when I wait a few days/weeks and trade for a Strange Ullapool Caber or Gunslinger for a refined or 2.