Take a Dip With Two New Skyward Sword Videos

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Take a Dip With Two New Skyward Sword Videos

The new footage shows introduces us to Skyward Sword's zombies and its fish-dragon-spirit.

If you've got a hankering for some fresh Skyward Sword [http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Zelda-Skyward-Sword-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B002BSC54I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1318849303&sr=8-2] information, then Nintendo is more than happy to oblige with not one but two new videos showing off more of the games areas, equipment , characters and enemies.

The first video shows Link exploring Lake Floria, which is apparently next to Faron Wood, and is home to the Parella, a friendly tribe of water-dwelling creatures. The video also introduces Faron - the character, not the wood - an aquatic fish dragon/guardian spirit, as well as showing off how agile Link is in water.

The second video gives a brief overview of another of the game's dungeons, the Ancient Cistern. For reasons I don't entirely understand, Nintendo has decided to reveal what treasure you'll find and what the dungeon's boss is, along with hints on how to beat him. Suffice to say, if you're trying to avoid spoilers, you might want to give this one a miss.

I have to say, Nintendo really seems to be going crazy with these videos, both in terms of how many it's putting out, and what the videos themselves actually contain. Someone needs to let Nintendo know that part of the fun of exploring is not knowing what you're going to find.

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword comes out for Wii on November 20th.

Source: Go Nintendo [http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=163798]

Art Axiv

Cultural Code-Switcher
Dec 25, 2008
Logan Westbrook said:
I have to say, Nintendo really seems to be going crazy with these videos, both in terms of how many it's putting out, and what the videos themselves actually contain. Someone needs to let Nintendo know that part of the fun of exploring is not knowing what you're going to find.
I was about to comment, but then, you stated the obvious. Thanks Logan.

TJC

Aug 28, 2011
Why can't I shake the feeling that Nintendo tries to outtroll the trolls by spoiling shit before they have a chance to?

orangeban

Nov 27, 2009
Ancient Cistern? As in an old sewer? Gee thanks Nintendo, if there was one thing Zelda was missing, it was a sewer level.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Couldnt care about what the videos show, as long as this game is as fun as Twilight Princess, then I shall be a happy consumer.......Even if it is coming out the same week as AC: Revelations making me make some annoying choices.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Gave the second one a miss, thanks for the heads up.

Man, I'm really getting excited for this game though. With the batman delay being pushed back to november on pc, it's a toss up between this, batman and Skyrim in the same couple of weeks.

And this is defnitely what i'm geting first.

The artstyle is growing on me too, little by little. Not to anywhere near the same as Wind waker mind, but it's definitely a lot better looking than Twilight Princess. And if they bring back the more populated towns and sidequestery from Majora's mask I'll be a happy camper indeed.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I don't like watching these videos. I would much rather this stuff be a surprise when I actually play the game. Though, I am a bit disappointed in the rampant use of pastels colors in this game. They are by far my least favorite type of colors. I am sure the game will be good and fun though.

Jul 9, 2008
Huh, the way that Link jumped out of the water reminds me of the Zora mask in Majora's Mask, so that's pretty cool.

LJJ1991

May 6, 2011
I don't really know if they're spoiling that much. They have been releasing a lot of videos, but the only one that I could consider "spoilers" is the "Romance" video, which looks like it happens right away in the beginning of the game, anyways. Besides, we're talking about a 50-100 hour game with TONS of secrets to discover. I'm pretty sure we've seen less than .5% of what the game has to offer.

Lim3

Feb 15, 2010
I originally bought my Wii to play LoZ, so I shall have this game!

Well LoZ and SSB.

Electric Alpaca

What's on the menu?
May 2, 2011
Diffiuclt decision afoot for me, I don't know whether I can really justify buying a console for one series alone.

I played Twilight Princess back in the day (I can't remember anything to do with it bar (Midna, Wolfie and a good final boss) and have an interest in Brawl.

This is an extremely attractive game though - guess I need to pop to Metacritic and research what other games are around.

Zechnophobe

Feb 4, 2010
How will he deal with that boss?

Given the history of the game, I'm pretty sure the item he found in that very dungeon will of course be the answer.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
I'm glad that Link is swimming faster than a brick strapped to a fan, though.