Torchlight II Scheduled For Release Unless Someone Dies

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Torchlight II Scheduled For Release Unless Someone Dies

Runic Games shows its dedication by working through sickness and injury to deliver its next title.

Gamers looking forward to the sequel of Runic Game's dungeon crawler Torchlight won't have to wait as long as they had previously thought. In a recent update to the game's FAQ, Runic stated that the game will be released sometime this winter unless something unfortunate happens and "someone on the team dies."

Runic Games is famous for their dedication to their work and have gone above and beyond to help out their fans, so it's not really a small surprise they'd openly tempt fate to get Torchlight II out the door in a timely manner.

However, given how small of a team they have and losing just one member to a nasty cold or a rabid wolverine attack can set back a project by weeks, it is a little odd they aren't accepting donations of multivitamins and cold medicine just in case someone on the development team gets the sniffles.

Currently Torchlight II is scheduled to release (unless of course, the unthinkable happens) either sometime in November or December, and will retail for $19.99.

Source: Runic Games Fansite [http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/showwiki.php?title=Torchlight+II+FAQ#When+will+the+game+be+released]

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I'd donate multivitamins, but I kinda hope it gets delayed so that I'll actually get to play it in this uber-crowded fall.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
I've yet to even complete the first Torchlight yet, but I did find it very enjoyable. I'll probably revisit it a few months down the line, complete it and then buy myself Torchlight II. Then get half way through that, forget about it and only get around to completing it once Torchlight III is out...

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
I wouldn't mind if it got delayed. I have Skyrim and SWTOR on my plate. I'm getting bloated. I would says TAKE MY MONEY but sadly I don't have time. I was also hoping to do WoW to the very final death so I wouldn't quit playing it feeling a bit of regret.

Shame the universe doesn't make things happen to my convenience. Looks like I'll have to do this thing called 'schedueling'.

Funny how video games are like buses. Nothing for the whole summer then ta-da 3 games I want very much. Was the same in the Spring. There was Pokemon, Dragon Age Pwo and RIFT. It's as though games companies deliberatly compete against each other.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Even Runic Games, as cool as they are, release games 6 months late :D

BloodRed Pixel

Jul 16, 2009
YES! They already have my Money.

I rarely played a game more extensively than that oh so blunt Diablo clone, which was and is better that any other diabloish game, except the original of course.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Now there's some revelatory news. Torchlight II is already a highly anticipated game for me, so, this is good news. Mind, if one of the team get sick, let us first make sure they are taken care of! I'd hate to hear about a deadline into an already really crowded season being made at someone's expense.

Electric Alpaca

What's on the menu?
May 2, 2011
Good news, I'm currently finishing the first run through the game with the intention of restarting three times to get the best versions of the characters.

I'm hoping that there will be a form of game heritage, and a little more variety in locales - other than that more of the same will do me nicely.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
$20!? $20!! And they're not giving it out for free if you play the game they ACTUALLY care about? And I can pause? And I don't have to be online? And they're not going to accuse me of playing their game wrong?

I'm honestly buying two copies of this game, just because they truly deserve the extra money.

chronobreak

Sep 6, 2008
Wish I could finish the first one, I just can't get into it. Same shit every dungeon, same characters to talk to, lots of cool loot but what's the point if you keep picking up stuff that's worse than what you have, way too easy, I dunno. Guess you have to like this sort of game.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Awesome. It's one of the few titles I actually want, and at a reasonable starting price. Hope the wait isn't too long.

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
$20!? $20!! And they're not giving it out for free if you play the game they ACTUALLY care about? And I can pause? And I don't have to be online? And they're not going to accuse me of playing their game wrong?

I'm honestly buying two copies of this game, just because they truly deserve the extra money.
That good sir, almost sounds like poetry

One should buy the game and use the price difference between Diablo 3 and Torchlight to buy them some Christmas Presents or something.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
Regardless of when it's released, I'll snag a copy. I enjoyed the first one quite a bit even if I did find it a bit easy. The new seems to lots of promise so dropping 20 bucks on it is a no brainer.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Only response I can think of.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

That is all.