Watch Battlestar Galactica And Glee On Your 3DS or Wii

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Watch Battlestar Galactica And Glee On Your 3DS or Wii

Hulu Plus being added to Nintendo devices by the end of the year.

In an upcoming winter update to the Nintendo 3DS and Wii, users will be able to sign up for Hulu Plus and get access to a host of tv shows and movies through the subscription-based TV service.

Also planned in the update is a video capture program for the 3DS, letting users record about 10 minutes of 3D footage to make their own home films. Other 3D media such as short films and music videos will also be available via the Nintendo eShop and the Nintendo Video service.

"Nintendo 3DS continues to evolve with great new features and functions designed to reinforce its position as a premiere entertainment device," said Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime. "All of these features, in addition to great upcoming games like Pokémon Rumble Blast on Oct. 24, Super Mario 3D Land on Nov. 13 and Mario Kart 7 on Dec. 4, make Nintendo 3DS a smart gift option this holiday season."

While the new update certainly adds more versatility to what the 3DS can offer as an entertainment platform, it probably won't lead to a dramatic increase in sales of the handheld device. The 3DS hasn't done this December. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/111045-Nintendo-Admits-3DS-Sales-Are-Below-Expectations]

Launching just under a year ago in November of 2010, Hulu Plus offers access to hundreds of movies and classic TV series on top of the most recent episodes of shows like Glee, The Colbert Report and Community. Wii and 3DS owners will be able to pick up Hulu Plus for either device for $7.99 USD a month.

Source: Business Wire [http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20111021005262/en/Hulu-Coming-Nintendo-Systems-Nintendo-3DS-Preps]

xyrafhoan

Jan 11, 2010
I sure would be a lot more excited if Hulu would stream in Canada. I would love to watch TV shows on my 3DS if I'm say, riding the bus, but sadly that kind of functionality is non-existent for Canadians. And the 3DS probably doesn't cue up videos to watch offline.

Well... here's hoping everyone I know picks up Mario Kart 7.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Yeah... pretty much pointless when I'm European. Still nice though.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Ummm yay?

Honestly, I have a 3DS and this doesn't really excite me nor particularly justify the purchase!

Keep trying Nintendo. Oh wait... you already got me, didn't you? Dang.

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
Wake me up when it supports iPlayer and 4od.

And costs bugger all because the new one with limited hardware changes has come out of course.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Can you watch two shows on the two screens? That'd be a great feature!
Did I say great? I mean pointless.
But then again so is watching TV on a 5 inch screen.

Black Watch

Aug 9, 2010
I could see myself using this since the 3DS doesn't have any games on it. Well, good games that aren't remakes/re-releases.

Mark D. Stroyer

Apr 12, 2011
It is a crime to have something as awesome as Battlestar Galactica attached to something as non-awesome as the Wii or 3DS.

Redd the Sock

Apr 14, 2010
Sorry, I have standards against watching TV or movies on a screen smaller than the width of my hand.

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
Great for a grand total of 300 000 000 in the world. For everyone that is not american (which is a lot) it is pointless.
Just a note, it is easy to put BSG on your wii with Homebrew or the wii media server software.

TraumaHound

Jan 11, 2009
Not for nothing but Community isn't available via HuluPlus for streaming on consoles, handhelds, or tvs. Just computers. It's the only "Must See TV" show from Thursdays I watch and it's no end of annoying that I can't watch it via XboxLIVE on the big tv. Same goes for The Simpsons.

j0frenzy

Dec 26, 2008
Wouldn't a better headline be 'Hulu Plus coming to 3DS and Wii'? Just saying, the content of the article has little to do with the headline.
Also, boo Hulu. The only good thing I can say about them is that they refunded the money they tried to steal from me.

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
j0frenzy said:
Wouldn't a better headline be 'Hulu Plus coming to 3DS and Wii'? Just saying, the content of the article has little to do with the headline.
Aha, but then it wouldn't rhyme! *wink wink*