Rumor: Riddick Sequel Stuck In Shadows

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Rumor: Riddick Sequel Stuck In Shadows

According to Hollywood gossip, the new Chronicles of Riddick movie has been all but killed thanks to money problems.

The next Chronicles of Riddick has had a long, drawn-out, rocky development. From the sound of things, money's been a constant issue; things have been so tight that <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110364-Vin-Diesel-Pay-Cut-Could-Kick-Start-R-Rated-Riddick-Sequel>Vin Diesel went on record to consider working for scale in order to make an R-rated movie. Now, it sounds like the movie's actually been shut down because of financial issues.

TMZ got in touch with Michel Trudel, the owner of the studio in Montreal where the film is being shot, who apparently changed the locks and kicked everyone off the set last Wednesday. According to Trudel, the lock-out occurred because production company One Race Films (which was founded by Vin Diesel) has failed to pay its fees on time.

On top of this, TMZ is claiming that "sources connected to production tell us several members of the crew have not been paid in over 2 weeks ... and are very concerned about getting their money."

One Race Films and Vin Diesel himself have yet to comment on the situation. However, Trudel told TMZ that he's positive he'll get paid soon and will then be happy to let the movie's production resume.

Source: <a href=http://www.tmz.com/2011/10/29/vin-diesel-chronicles-of-riddick-movie-production-money-shut-down/?adid=recentlyupdatedstories#.TrA_eZxZiw7>TMZ

Yearlongjester

Feb 14, 2010
Ok, not to be an ass but did anyone expect anything good from the sequels anyways? Pitch Black was the only good Riddick movie, after that they stripped away the mystery and enigma from the character and made him feel generic and 2d.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
This is... Not surprising. Would have enjoyed having another one out there, but can't really say anything I've seen of it so far had led me to believe it was going anywhere.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I don't really care about the movie. I'd rather have a game as awesome as Escape from Butcher Bay. That was one of the most pleasant surprises in gaming history.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Adam Jensen said:
I don't really care about the movie. I'd rather have a game as awesome as Escape from Butcher Bay. That was one of the most pleasant surprises in gaming history.
This. EfBB was an amazing game and Assault on Dark Athena wasn't much worse. I'd much prefer they made another one of those than a mediocre movie.

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
Agayek said:
Adam Jensen said:
This. EfBB was an amazing game and Assault on Dark Athena wasn't much worse. I'd much prefer they made another one of those than a mediocre movie.
Put me on the list too. Pitch Black was an awesome film, but as a franchise the only successes have been the games. If they want to make a third I'll be excited - but for now a movie doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
NOOOOOOOOOOO!

I was looking forward to this film so badly! Vin Diesel, don't fail me now!

I need more Riddick. I needs it, I does.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Why exactly would we want to make more Riddick stuff?

Every single thing the franchise has produced has been mediocre at best and often much worse.

Vzzdak

May 7, 2010
I didn't mind Pitch Black and Chronicles. It was the cartoon in-between that seemed unnecessary.