Clash Of The Titans 3 Already In The Works

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Clash Of The Titans 3 Already In The Works

Warner Bros. apparently thinks the next Clash of the Titans flick will be divine enough that the series already deserves another sequel.

<a href=http://www.amazon.com/Clash-Titans-Sam-Worthington/dp/B002ZG977Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320394691&sr=8-1>Clash of the Titans was a bit of surprise hit last year. After <a href=http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=clashofthetitans10.htm>it made nearly $500 million worldwide, nobody batted an eye when Warner Bros. announced a sequel. However, this is a little more surprising: Even though the second Clash of the Titans movie isn't due out for another five months or so, Warner Bros. is beginning work on a third film in the series.

It's been revealed that two writers who worked on the screenplay for the second Titans movie - which is called Wrath of the Titans, by the way - have been brought onto the project to write a treatment for the third movie. According to Screen Rant:

Early word is that Clash of the Titans 3 will once again feature Perseus (Sam Worthington) as its protagonist. Wrath of the Titans also reportedly "leaves the door open" for Poseidon's demigod son Agenor (Toby Kebbell) to return in the third film. However, it is not yet clear whether either actor is already officially signed on to reprise their respective roles.

At this point, a threequel to the series seems rather optimistic. Even though it made a lot of money, Clash of the Titans was <a href=http://www.metacritic.com/movie/clash-of-the-titans>savaged by a lot of critics (though MovieBob <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/1588-Clash-of-the-Titans>seemed to enjoy it to an extent) and early Hollywood projections don't show the general public expressing much interest in the second film.

Accordingly, "Wrath of the Titans is being talked up as a significant improvement on its predecessor in all respects, but most moviegoers are (for now) highly skeptical of that claim. As a result, the second Titans movie is much less of a surefire hit than the impending Holmes sequel."

For the moment, Clash of the Titans 3 isn't in full-on production yet, but a treatment this early shows a lot of optimism on the studio's part. I guess we'll have to see just how well Wrath of the Titans does before another sequel for the series officially gets the green light.

Source: Screen Rant

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
No Harryhausen, no dice. The original was hardly a masterpiece, but at least you got to see some awesome special effects.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Possibly the most let down I have been by any film ever.

The Trailer looked awesome.

Feb 13, 2008
There was a Clash 2?

Let's face it, the first one was about Greek atheists...which sort of self-destructs the plot from the very start.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
..There was a CotT 2 already!? That is one damned good ninja of a sequel..

*Reads article*

Oh..

Well, I at least enjoyed the special effects in Clash of the Titans, in which lessened the negative impact of such a short and rather unimpressive plot that was stuck on it.. I may watch the sequel (ONE SEQUEL), if it looks at all like an improvement (doesn't have to strive very high to achieve that, admittedly). Otherwise, the plot ended for me with the first one.

Roserari

Jul 11, 2011
*deliver massively dissapointing first movie*

*make a second, unwanted movie*

*plan a third like a boss.*

Business classes, take some.

Uber Waddles

May 13, 2010
Risky move. The re-release of Clash of the Titans was guarenteed to sell. It was a cult classic, which most people loved because it was terribad. So bad it was good.

Clash of the Titans was alright, but all it really had going for it were the actors and special effects. The fights were decent, (although gauging from the general response, this movie was shit because it didn't inspire deep thought because thats how the Escapist works), but overall it just wasn't a movie I HAD to have.

Making a sequel to a decent movie isn't always smart. That was a different economy it launched in (back when we were still poor, but optomistic), and all the first one had going for it was the cult following. So making a sequel is kinda risky.

Making a sequel of an unreleased sequel is just dumb. Very few companys have the were with all to do that - Disney with the Tron franschise (look it up), I can see working out well, but not these.

How about instead of wasting millions on something thats only going to be mediocre, you spend millions on different types of risks? No? Okay...

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Yeah, writing a treatment doesn't really surprise me at this point.

Call me when it's starting production and after Wrath of the Titans is out and either bombs/succeeds at the box office.