Buy Cool Stuff to Help Support Cystic Fibrosis Research

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Buy Cool Stuff to Help Support Cystic Fibrosis Research

The Escapist will attend an auction to help raise funds for cystic fibrosis research this Monday, November 7th.

As far as diseases go, cystic fibrosis is really crappy. The Escapist has supported research to help kids like 5-year-old Savannah [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/CysticFibrosisFoundation] deal with the disease and reduce the effect of the symptoms on her game-playing. On Monday, November 7th at 6pm, members of The Escapist staff will be at an auction held at our office neighbor's Joystick Labs. Local and international gaming companies like Epic Games and SEGA have donated products for the auction with all proceeds going towards cystic fibrosis research.

If you live in the central North Carolina area, come on down to the Durham Underground Campus near the Durham Bulls ballpark on Monday night. You'll get a chance to meet the crew from The Escapist and help some kids.

The list of companies whose items are up for bid is pretty impressive if I do say so myself:

The Escapist
Vicious Cycle
Epic Games
Spark Plug Games
SEGA
Lego

I am personally hoping that there will be a statue of Lego architecture sets. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/113151-Gears-of-War-3-Thrashball-Statue-Exists]

Come on down to Durham to find out what's for auction and help fight cystic fibrosis.

Here are the full event details for putting stuff into your GPS:

Auction to Help Cystic Fibrosis
6 to 8pm, November 7th, 2011

Joystick Labs
Suite B001
334 Blackwell Street
Durham, NC 27701

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
You actually have to be there? There's no online auction options? That sucks, especially given the international nature of your audience.
Still, good luck with that!

infinity_turtles

Apr 17, 2010
I understand what you mean, but the title of the article... Well, I'd help support research AGAINST Cystic Fibrosis, but I don't want to support Cystic Fibrosis itself.

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
infinity_turtles said:
I understand what you mean, but the title of the article... Well, I'd help support research AGAINST Cystic Fibrosis, but I don't want to support Cystic Fibrosis itself.
Heh, yeah good point. Fixed the headline so it doesn't appear that we are in favor of the disease. :)

Greg