Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One Review

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One Review

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One shows that sometimes it's best to get a little help from your friends.

Read Full Article

Marshall Honorof

Feb 16, 2011
Great review, man! As a hardcore R&C fan, I didn't mind the game too much in single-player, but it got about a hundred times better with even one other human player. Furthermore, when you have a full party of four, the game has some incredible moments, particularly the boss fights. My recommendation to players who don't have an extensive friends list on PSN: Get online and take advantage of the drop-in/drop-out co-op play. The menus are a bit unintuitive, but once you learn how to hop in at the right level, you'll almost always be guaranteed at least one other player. If you can get four - especially for the final boss - you're in for a treat.

Baradiel

Mar 4, 2009
Watching this brought back the memories of my PS2 and the first few Ratchet and Clanks I had. Nostalgia was getting the better of me in that. I don't own a PS3 or a PSP, so any games after... number 3(?) I haven't played.

Still, the humour of it all war brilliant. And now I want to play them again...

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
I haz no friends to play this with, sad face.
Baradiel said:
Watching this brought back the memories of my PS2 and the first few Ratchet and Clanks I had. Nostalgia was getting the better of me in that. I don't own a PS3 or a PSP, so any games after... number 3(?) I haven't played.

What about ratchet gladiator/deadlocked? I thought it's a pretty underrated brilliant game.

Baradiel

Mar 4, 2009
Richardplex said:
Baradiel said:

What about ratchet gladiator/deadlocked? I thought it's a pretty underrated brilliant game.
I *think* I may have played that one.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Baradiel said:
Richardplex said:
Baradiel said:

I *think* I may have played that one.
The two battle-bots were the highlight of that game.... and the commentators, when they actually used original dialogue rather than the endlessly repeated in-game quips.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
I played a preview of this at Gamex, and I was very disappointed. I didn't find it any fun at all. And then my ears got raped because they dubbed everything to Swedish. Nefarious sounded like Gollum with throat cancer. I don't care that there are people who are stupid enough not to learn English, Swedish is NOT a pretty language, not even for those of us who speak it daily.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
As a long time Ratchet and Clank fan, and one that has loved every game of the series so far, I was disappointed by All4One. The camera is really annoying. I love the gameplay, story and humour but the fact that I put the game down through choice and not because of hunger and/or toilet requirements makes me very sad.

Verdilian

Jan 8, 2011
Great review there! Highlights the good and bad portions of the game. It's pretty much a future buy for me. Though, will need to get at least 3 other people to play for maximum enjoyment.

nyysjan

Mar 12, 2010
Longtime fan of R&C, and was pissed when i learned that the new one would be meant for co-op play (if i wanted to deal with real people i'd leave the apartment for more than grocery shopping/work), still, i might buy it if/when i can get it cheap.

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
I reviewed this game myself, and as someone who has played every RnC game I have to say I found it to be quite terrible. None of the weapons are fun or interesting, the levels may look different but are extremely samey gameplay and design wise. The camera is barely functional and even in single player the game lags like crazy on a regular basis. The characters repeat the same dialogue in game constantly, to the point you are praying for a mute button mere hours in.

I really can't recommend it for anyone and I'm amazed their haven't been more negative reviews considering how bland and flawed it is compared to past titles in the series. If anyone is thinking of getting in to this series, just get the tools of destruction/crack in time twin pack. Money much MUCH better spent.

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
"You thought you'd seen the last of Mister Zurkon?" =3
Anyways... I might have to pick this one up for when I have my friend over. It seems like it should be fun, and I've always been a fan of Insomniac Games.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Whoa...there's a trip. Some of those screens looked like a spot-for-spot, colorful, youth-oriented version of Gauntlet...

And while I have nothing against co-op, it's getting increasingly hard to get more than or other person consistently around enough to play an entire game with. Short bursts are fine, but lives have to be lived. Getting four people together for a long haul is damn near impossible.