The Escapist 2011 Reader Survey

s0osleepie

May 20, 2010
The Escapist 2011 Reader Survey

A lot of great things happen once a year. Birthdays, for example! Also income taxes, physical exams by your doctor, The Simpson's Halloween Special, Desert Bus for Hope, and of course...

The Escapist Reader Survey!!

Our yearly reader survey is a way for us to find out more about the people we care about the most: you, our readers. This year, we have even included a section for you to let us know what you think about us. Please keep your adoration and gushing to a minimum. We blush easily.

If you would like to contribute, we'll be using the results to help make important decisions over the next year on how better to serve you. Click here to take our survey. It will only take 15 minutes of your time and we will enter the first 1,000 takers in a chance to win a $100 Amazon Gift Card as a token of our appreciation.

Thank you to everyone who contributes to the survey. Your input really helps us develop what we do here at The Escapist.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Love to take the survey, but the link to the survey 404's for me.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
TimeLord said:
Sassafrass said:
Same here. Why must you taunt us so?!
They onlt taunted us for 2 minutes, working fine now.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
Not to state the obvious, but you might want to fix that link. *points to above posts*

Edit: Oh yay!

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
s0osleepie said:
TimeLord said:
Sassafrass said:
Fixed! :)
On the phone question, (What network provider are you on/what type of phone.) you're missing the tick boxes for the "Other" section, just so you know.
Unless I'm stupid and missing something very obvious. :p

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Unfair question about "How many times do I visit the Escapist in a week?"!

It wants a whole number but I visit most of the day every day. So I just put 100 :p

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Sassafrass said:
s0osleepie said:
TimeLord said:
Sassafrass said:
On the phone question, (What network provider are you on/what type of phone.) you're missing the tick boxes for the "Other" section, just so you know.
I'm having the same problem. I typed something in but it still gives me the error and I really don't want to go back and fill in the rest of my stuff again if possible :p

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
Is the survey supposed to end abrubtly with no indication that I finished it as I stare at the "Let's Get Started" screen again?

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
Alphakirby said:
Is the survey supposed to end abrubtly with no indication that I finished it as I stare at the "Let's Get Started" screen again?
NO it's a glitch! i got it to just next-through it again all your answers should be there already.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Yearly, you say? Well, i haven't seen this in the past years, but i wasn't as active a member then as i am now.
Anyways, filled it out. I like filling surveys. Tho i did have the exact same problem with the Mobile Internet part, it didn't want to take "Other" as an answer.
And I also got a weird glitch and had to start all over again.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Some thoughts on the survey:

Do you purchase downloadable digital content? (i.e. - Movies, Games, Music, ect.)
<spelling nazi>"etc." - it's short for "et cetera".</spelling nazi>

Which stores have you purchased a game through in the last 6 months?

What mobile phone network do you use?
- I answered both of these with an entry in the "other" box and it said I hadn't answered. Maybe the other ones were like that too, I don't know. But it doesn't seem to register other items as counting towards a valid entry.

And oddly, it didn't register the last page of entries, the one for the contest, and instead brought me back to the first page. 10 "nexts" later and I tried again. Worked that time, so that's okay. It's weird, though, as my browser had autofill suggestions for each entry that matched what I typed the last time, so presumably it TRIED to submit it.

s0osleepie

May 20, 2010
coldfrog said:
Sassafrass said:
I'm having the same problem. I typed something in but it still gives me the error and I really don't want to go back and fill in the rest of my stuff again if possible :p
We are currently looking into the cause of the error. Rest assured, all your answers are saved and will not be deleted by going to a different page.

dexxyoto

Mar 24, 2009
Well on the "enough about us what about you" page my answers all got eaten so i'm gonna wait until it's all fixed before i go fill it out again.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Finished.
Sassafrass said:
s0osleepie said:
TimeLord said:
Sassafrass said:
Noticed that too. I picked a random one because Sasktel wasn't available.

Also I answered well over 100 for a certain question but it didn't want me too. You trying to say I spend too much time here Escapist? XP

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
Filled it in. Happy to help with whatever.

So...any way I could persuade you to give me that badge? For being such a lovable guy? Please? I'll be your best frieeend. XD