Superman And Harley Quinn Marry In Nerd Wedding

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Superman And Harley Quinn Marry In Nerd Wedding

It's like a wedding out of an Elseworlds graphic novel: Superman and Harley Quinn decided to tie the knot in a (super) nerdy wedding.

Here at The Escapist, we're big fans of nerd weddings (or, you know, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/113628-Artist-Creates-Amazing-Mario-Themed-Wedding-Invites>amazingly geeky invitations). There was that <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.297241-Couple-Engages-in-Pixelated-Matrimony>retro game-themed wedding, the <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.152073-Aussie-Lesbian-Gamer-Geek-Wedding-is-Awesome-and-Adorable>gamer geek wedding Down Under, and the one time when a <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.223548-Superhero-Wedding-Forces-Guests-to-Cosplay>bride and groom got all their guests to cosplay as super heroes. Now there's a new wedding to add to the list: The happy couple were such big comic fans that they themed the ceremony and reception around Superman and Harley Quinn.

When Jessica and Jonathan Carroll recently got hitched, the groom and his friends were decked out in "the finest Krypton robes this side of the yellow sun." Though the bodysuits were store bought, and Jonathan managed actually made the robes himself. Meanwhile, the House of El crests were produced by Wildwood Studios (based on the design featured in Superman Returns).

Though Jessica wore a traditional white wedding gown, she still worked her love for Harley Quinn into the wedding, including having her bridesmaids dressing in black and accenting their outfits with red and white bouquets. She also had a number of other subtle homages to the character throughout the ceremony:

"My dress was not geek inspired per-say, as I wanted a traditional look, however my colors for the wedding were based on Harley Queen (red and black) and my bouquet was red flowers with white bounce pearls to represent the pompoms of Harley's collar and hat. My garter was superman colored with a small S logo on the bow. My engagement ring itself is based on the Harley Quinn diamond pattern, red rubies for the main diamonds and black diamonds around the edge."

Not only that, but the wedding cake feature Superman and Harley toppers, while the groom's cake was designed to look like Clark Kent getting ready to make an appearance as the Man of Steel.

<a href=https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.309129145767811.95308.287053524642040&type=1>You can see the photos from the event at the Facebook gallery by Bryan Humphries, the wedding's photographer (who also took the photo shown here).

Congratulations, Jessica and Jonathan!

Source: Geeks Are Sexy

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
"My dress was not geek inspired per-say...however my colors for the wedding were based on Harley Queen...and my bouquet was [meant to] represent the pompoms of Harley's collar and hat. My engagement ring itself is based on the Harley Quinn diamond pattern..."

Yeeeeeah, you're a geek alright. No shame, though. I'm pretty sure us other geeks appreciate this anyway.

If I had the guts, I would love to have a geeky themed wedding someday, assuming my partner would be down for that. But I don't have the guts to dress up with something reminiscent of Halloween or Comic Con for a once-in-a-lifetime event. Bleh. :/

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
OutrageousEmu said:
First question: If he's supposed to be Superman, why did he colour it so he looks like SuperBoy Prime from Countdown?

Second question: Why the fuck do I know what Superboy Prime looks like in Countdown, or for that matter, who Superboy Prime is?
Now that you bring it up, he does look just like SuperBoy Prime from Countdown. And my ability to enjoy that picture is gone.

mrm5561

Apr 27, 2010
im still working on getting my batman wedding. but for some reason my girls thinks its a bad idea

DustinOffAClassic

Oct 20, 2011
This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Superman and Harley Quinn? That makes no sense. Should be Joker and HQ, or Batman and HQ.

Sheesh. What a bunch of dorks.

lol

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
if I had to choose Id do somthing assasins creed style...with a hood ont he dress :p

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
Well, there goes any motivation for Harley to be a homicidal maniac. But hey, maybe it would mean she woke up to how "Mr. J" treated her.

Lois Lane would be pissed, though.

/readingwaytoomuchintoit

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
She could have been less subtle, but the traditional dress still fits alongside his outfit. Looking at the Facebook pics, he actually looks like he could pass for a young Steve Reeves, which I think is what makes it work.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
I'm getting married dressed as a Veteran Ranger. At the very least I'll be wearing a duster.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Yeah, without her in costume it looks sillier than if they were both in costume.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Lois and maybe Joker will be pissed when they find out although in the reboot, Lois has no interest in Superman so I guess it's ok.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
When I get married, I want Zelda's Lullaby played when the brial party and groomsmen go up to the altar, the Final Fantasy theme music when I go up (I've seen weddings where both the bride and groom process up and thought it was cool), and the Final Fantasy victory music when we process out.

Does that count?