Skyrim Meets Duck Hunt, Final Fantasy

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Skyrim Meets Duck Hunt, Final Fantasy

Somehow the retro visuals and references to classic games make this unofficial Skyrim trailer the best one yet.

Tired of hearing about Skyrim yet? Don't answer that. I'm gonna show you this trailer anyway.

That clip was uploaded by YouTube user "RubberRoss," and though its not officially sanctioned by Bethesda, it really, really should be. And Nintendo. And Square Enix. And whoever owns the rights to Ski Free.

I'm not saying that Skyrim would be a better game if it let you shoot 8-bit dragons with a 25-year-old Zapper, or if you were constantly being menaced by stick figure yetis, but actually yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Basket shenanigans [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114172-Barrel-Aided-Crime-Spree-Ravages-Skyrim] are fun, but everything is more epic when seen through the pixelated lense of misplaced nostalgia.

What's that? A 28-year-old clinging desperately to the fleeting joys of his childhood? I know, we're just full of cutting edge material, aren't we?

Source: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5858756/this-retro-skyrim-trailer-hilariously-invokes-zelda-duck-hunt-and-duke-nukem]

Dragoon

Jan 19, 2010
That's awesome but this guy has a bit too much time on his hands me thinks xD

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
Mm, that music reminds me of the original DOOM soundtrack. I started hearing zombies growl and the sound of imp fireballs flying at me.

Ooo that's good Nostalgia.

Sep 14, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
ARG! THE ABOMINABLE SNOWMAN! HOW I HATE YOU! DIE! DIE!

OT: Aw, he cut out the dog!:(
i did laugh out loud when i saw that beast.

good heavens, if that think chased me down a mountainside in skyrim i might just shit myself..

OT: this is pretty awesome, not much else can be said.

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
DustlessDragoon said:
That's awesome but this guy has a bit too much time on his hands me thinks xD
The guy is a (sort-of?) professional animator on the internet, so yeah, he usually does.
OT: Yes, this is awesome, and hilarious.

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
"But, there is one they fear... in their tongue, he is 'Dovahkiin' - DRAGONBORN!"

Even the retro version of this line gives me shivers.

That was awesome.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
I want the backing mp3, awesome trailer. Not as awesome as the new Harry Partrige animated one mind!

Frost27

Good news everyone!
Jun 3, 2011
I would absolutely play that! That was fantastic. Though he should throw in a cooking mama style blacksmithing.

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
Love the retro vibe, though I am glad that a game as expansive as Skyrim waited as long as it has to appear, it would suck if it was stuck on an old cartridge, those things have shit for memory so it wouldn't be anywhere near as long.