"Hundreds" of Battlefield 3 Cheaters Banned

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
"Hundreds" of Battlefield 3 Cheaters Banned

I love the smell of justice in the morning. Hundreds of Battlefield 3 cheaters and boosters have had their accounts banned and their stats wiped.

"This week we've banned hundreds of offending accounts and have stats-wiped accounts for exploiting (such as boosting)," said a recent tweet from the <url=https://twitter.com/#!/Battlefield/status/135079725499559938> official Battlefield twitter account. "We are working on banning as many people as we can as quickly as we can. We have a zero tolerance policy for cheating," said another. So, consider yourselves warned.

Currently, unscrupulous BF3 players using the engineer class can clock up thousands of experience points per match by continuously repairing an overturned jeep [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoDfVXfcJAk].

DICE has promised a patch for that exploit, as well as several other glitches, including a rather amusing one that turns random players into unstoppable, immortal terminators. The patch will also, and I feel this is significant, reduce the brightness of the tactical flashlight to "really goddamn bright" compared to its current setting of "tiny handheld sun."

Player banning is currently a sticky issue for EA, considering the recent news [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/87102-EA-Get-Banned-From-Forums-Lose-Your-Games] that being banned from the EA forums can affect a player's access to his or her games on the Origin service. Regardless, seeing cheaters banned, and tasting their delicious tears, never gets old. It really doesn't.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
So... what if you accidentaly try and repair an overturned jeep?
:p
Also... i think EA should cool it on the banning, after all, the gltiches were left in the game, don't expect people not to take the upper-hand.
Of course they shouldn't do it, but still...

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
I feel sorry for the MW3 fans. You just know that with how these cheaters act, they're going to rant about how they did nothing wrong (bullshit) and say that they're going to get MW3 instead. And then the people who just want to enjoy MW3 will have to put up with those fuck nuggets who want to glitch and cheat instead, as if they didn't have enough of those people already.

Micalas

Mar 5, 2011
Grey Carter said:
Currently, unscrupulous BF3 players using the engineer class can clock up thousands of experience points per match by continuously repairing an overturned jeep [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoDfVXfcJAk].
Did anyone else laugh at the thought of the TF2 engineer standing around yelling "FIXIN' THA JEEP!" as he spent the rest of the match banging a wrench over the twisted metal salad that used to be someone's car?

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Micalas said:
Grey Carter said:
Did anyone else laugh at the thought of the TF2 engineer standing around yelling "FIXIN' THA JEEP!" as he spent the rest of the match banging a wrench over the twisted metal salad that used to be someone's car?
I did, actually. Then I remembered this was Battlefield 3. Supersrsnofunallowedgame.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Grey Carter said:
The patch will also, and I feel this is significant, reduce the brightness of the tactical flashlight to "really goddamn bright" compared to its current setting of "tiny handheld sun."
Aww, I liked the hand-held nuclear reactors. They should also tone down the red-laser light flare as well, because that is just plain silly.

I always like the stupidly bright lights because all you have to do is shoot loads at the light and you're guaranteed a kill.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
mjc0961 said:
I feel sorry for the MW3 fans. You just know that with how these cheaters act, they're going to rant about how they did nothing wrong (bullshit) and say that they're going to get MW3 instead. And then the people who just want to enjoy MW3 will have to put up with those fuck nuggets who want to glitch and cheat instead, as if they didn't have enough of those people already.
Is it really cheating to exploit a glitch that the game developers made? I get being ticked off by hackers, but exploiting a glitch is different.

Hawk of the Plain

Jul 8, 2009
I'm not a big fan of battlefield, but I welcome bans for cheaters regardless of the game.

What I want to know is, are all (or at least most) of the accounts being banned legitimate copies of the game, and not hacked copies that can just be started up again with no cost to the cheater?

EvilPicnic

Sep 9, 2009

But OT: boosting by rigging games or hacking is obviously bannable, but surely the infinitely repairable jeep is the game's fault, not the player's? Especially as one of the selling points of the game was that players get XP for creative actions other than the obvious shooting and killing.

Frost27

Good news everyone!
Jun 3, 2011
I saw a couple of asshats doing that on the Ps3 the other night. They ended every match 0 and 0 with over 35,000 points.

Good to hear they are doing something about it. I have a smile on my face just picturing their high pitched acne covered squeals of rage and denial.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Satsuki666 said:
Volf99 said:
Is it really cheating to exploit a glitch that the game developers made? I get being ticked off by hackers, but exploiting a glitch is different.
Didnt you know your not allowed to do anything that the developers do not approve of. It does not matter if it is in the game or even if it is a glitch or not. If the developers dont like it its not a ban worthy crime. I have actually seen stat resets and bans for things that are no where near this bad in CoD before though so this does not surprise me.
wow....that's really messed up. Talk about abuse of power.

newguy77

Sep 28, 2008
I was once in a flipped tank so I decided to jump out and start fixing it, but then I got bored and decided I wanted to kill some people and win the game instead. Good thing, or else I could've possibly been banned.