Serious Sam 3: Blood and Guts Trailer Goes Splat

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Serious Sam 3: Blood and Guts Trailer Goes Splat

The Serious Sam 3: BFE Blood and Guts trailer is now available for your viewing pleasure.

Good things come in threes, as the saying goes, and so it is with Serious Sam 3. First we had the Melee trailer [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/113902-Serious-Sam-3-Weapons-Trailer-Brings-Guns-to-a-Gun-Fight]. And now, completing the triumvirate, comes the one we've all been waiting for: Blood and Guts.

That's right, it's a Blood and Guts trailer. Why? Because in this day and age of studios bending over backwards to keep the ESRB happy, someone needs to stand up and say, "Here is a solid one minute of nothing but exploding bodies and splattering blood," that's why! Slow motion, sappy music and overwrought supporting characters? Bah! We're here for the gibs and we're not leaving until we've had our fill!

Serious Sam 3: BFE [http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/41070/] comes out on November 22 for the PC, with console releases planned for the future. Users tempted to complain that the preceding trailer was too silly or lacking in realism are reminded that Sam Stone carries a full-sized, 19th-century-style cannon in his pocket.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
Users tempted to complain that the preceding trailer was too silly or lacking in realism are reminded that Sam Stone carries a full-sized, 19th-century-style cannon in his pocket.
Is that a cannon in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
AHGRAHSHRGHRAGH

WANT.

CAN'T AFFORD TO PREORDER.

Ah, well, I'll try to make $40 by the end of the week...

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Sam, you had me at double barreled shotgun. Those things have their downsides, but they are the best rush ever to use in a game. Doom 2 and Killing Floor, you know what I am saying.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Looks good. Strangely, I'm actually glad that the console released are "planned for the future". I'm going to end with a bit of a gaming backlog over the next few months. I won't be picking up Skyrim for a few more days, will need to find time for AC:R and I still want to pick Arkham City up at some point.

So, another game that I want not coming out on console this month is actually a good thing in this case. For me anyway.

PurePareidolia

Nov 26, 2008
That music reminded me a lot of Painkiller. So did the intense brown and grey everywhere. What the hell Sam?

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
pre ordered it a long time ago. i just had a huge smile on my face :D
this looks so nice. and it seams they really do go back to the egyptian style again.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
RIP AND TEAR! RIP AND TEAR!

THIS GAME IS HUGE! IT MEANS IT MUST HAVE HUGE GUTS!

Ah, I'm not preordering. I tend to suck at pure FPS's like this, unfortunately.