Modder Creates New Xbox 360 Laptop

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Modder Creates New Xbox 360 Laptop

Veteran modder Ben Heck has just finished the latest version of his Xbox 360 portable.

It's fair to say that Ben Heckendorn, known better simply as Ben Heck, is a very gifted modder. In fact, it's probably not far from the truth to say that he's a master at taking consoles and making them smaller than they were. This time round, he's revisited his Xbox 360 Laptop and made some improvements, stuffing the console and a monitor into a case about the same size as a laptop, albeit a pretty large one.

There's not a lot to say about this one, as it's all up there in the video. Enjoy!

Source: CrunchGear [http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/07/05/video-benhecks-xbox-360-portable-revision-5/]

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
I'd kill to have one of those. Hell it'd beat having to bubble wrap the shit out of my 360 whenever I'm travelling to toronto.

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
I'd love to have one.
Though he could've made it moresilent, since he already tinkers with its insides to make it smaller.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
That is so awesome. I wish I was as talented as this guy! He must get quite a few bucks for making some of those and selling them off. Thats what probably keeps him making more and more neat little contraptions like these.

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
In a few years, if approved to market, I will so want to have one of these =o

9NineBreaker9

Nov 1, 2007
I'd totally go for one, but that thing is loooud... even so, it's entirely amazing and some great work :D

PhoenixFlame

Dec 6, 2007
I'm constantly amazed at the modding community and what they can do to things. I wish I had the talent. Nice work, Ben.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
MasterStratus said:
Two words.
Fucking awesome.
I think that pretty much covers it.
Although I don't doubt that if and when this hits the market, Microsoft will find a way to fuck with it somehow.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Ollie596 said:
messy said:
Can it still red ring? Just curious
It can but it looks well ventilated so not likely.

Edit - Forgot to mention its awesome!
Well then he has truly improved on the original 360 an almost infinite amount

Aunel

May 9, 2008
if I was as good at moding as he was, I would have mad it even bigger, because that thing is not really useful for popping out in a airport because you NEED to play some gears2, and I would gladly sacrifice portability for screen size with something as nice as this.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
That's not modding.

That's something even God himself would call his own.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Abedeus said:
That's not modding.

That's something even God himself would call his own.
Heck and Jesus argue.

Jesus: "I can walk on water."

Heck: "And I can make this." *shows 360 laptop*

Jesus: "....

You win."