Sins of a Solar Empire Invades Steam

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Sins of a Solar Empire Invades Steam

Now that Stardock has sold its Impulse digital distribution platform to GameStop, it's free to bring its excellent 4X real time strategy game Sins of Solar Empire: Trinity to Steam.

Stardock sold Impulse to retail giants GameStop [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/108904-GameStop-Buys-Impulse-Further-Invests-in-Digital-Distribution] back in march, in order to focus on game development, rather than distribution. The downside to this, was that gamers who use Impulse specifically to avoid companies like GameStop had their noses put of joint. On the plus side: Steam users can pick up Stardock's best game by a wide margin, Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity, complete with all its included DLC and doodads, on Steam [http://store.steampowered.com/app/201290/] today.

"With the sale of our former PC digital download technology to GameStop earlier this year, we no longer have any conflicts of interest in offering our titles to other digital distribution channels," said Brad Wardell, CEO of Stardock. "We are starting with Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity, with other titles being made available over the coming weeks."

This now means I can reduce the number of arbitrary, bloated digital distribution systems installed on my system from "absolutely loads" to "one less than absolutely loads." Yay.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
YES! I've wanted to get this game for so long, but I was never willing to use Impulse over steam. Time to conquer some planets!

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
Grey Carter said:
This now means I can reduce the number of arbitrary, bloated digital distribution systems installed on my system from "absolutely loads" to "one less than absolutely loads." Yay.
You call that a "Yay"? Please! learn from the master...

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
I have wanted to try this game for some time now, this makes it all the more convenient for me. It also gives me an excuse to avoid Impulse, as I have to wonder what GameStop will do with that.
Gmans uncle said:
Grey Carter said:
Consider me well-informed on the mechanics of how to express Yay. I feel invigorated with enthusiasm now.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Duskflamer said:
I've heard good things about this series, should I get this game?
Think Homeworld mixed with Hegemonia, and then up the scale to nearly a hundred ships.

franconbean

Apr 30, 2011
You should, if you have a good gaming rig. The space battles get pretty massive at times and my machine (which was a good mid-ranger at the time, and can still run many games on high or max settings) struggled to cope with the sheer number of units onscreen. I also had problems with online games because a lot of firewalls REALLY hate it.

That said, Its one of the better RTS games that I have had the joy to play.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Did they ever add a single player to that game or is it still just multi and skirmish?

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
......a Space RTS? Why are there so many games coming out at the same time that I want?!

Smeagol150

Emperor of the Moon
Oct 20, 2008
Here Steam, have some more of my money. Of course, I have this game already on Impulse. But Impulse kind of blows, and I'll be happy to be rid of it. This game rocks, and I can't wait for the next installment.

Sucal

Dragonborn Ponyeater
Dec 23, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
Duskflamer said:
Think Homeworld mixed with Hegemonia, and then up the scale to nearly a hundred ships.
Only a hundred? What type of small scale game were you playing?

I once had over a hundred scout ships alone, let alone my brief phrase as an LRM spammer.

Waaghpowa said:
......a Space RTS? Why are there so many games coming out at the same time that I want?!
Its already out, its been out for years and now its cheaper then ever. 15 dollars for the greatest large scale space RTS on the market, is well worth it.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Sucal said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Duskflamer said:
Only a hundred? What type of small scale game were you playing?

I once had over a hundred scout ships alone, let alone my brief phrase as an LRM spammer.

Waaghpowa said:
Its already out, its been out for years and now its cheaper then ever. 15 dollars for the greatest large scale space RTS on the market, is well worth it.
I usually refer to the big battleships as just ships. Anything else is small stuff.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
I supported impulse because I liked Stardock.

If only I could transfer my Impulse titles to steam now...

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Sucal said:
Well I mean that there are a lot of games that this month that I want to play in addition to this making it very difficult to choose.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
Ill be VERY interested in sales figures for this game. This for market analysts is like what identical twins separated at birth are for Psychology research.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
Gmans uncle said:
Grey Carter said:
Cookies, good sir. ^_^

Omega 380

Mar 13, 2011
I forgot that i brought that game, now i have to download it. Shame i suck at RTS games.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Let's just hope SINS: Rebellion, the first real stand alone expansion makes it to Steam.

DRTJR

Aug 7, 2009
Must Resist...

FOR THE NEW LUNAR REPUBLIC!

Eh, If my computer didn't as hard as id does then I'd buy it