Peruvian Scientists Discover Alien Corpse

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Peruvian Scientists Discover Alien Corpse

Either somebody in Peru turned on the big head mode cheat, or there is something seriously off about this pile of bones.

The image at right depicts a mummified body recently unearthed by Peruvian anthropologist Renato Davila Riquelme that he believes is an extraterrestrial. Or, more specifically, that he originally believed to be a deformed human child, before Russian scientists swooped in and said, "Да друга. То есть чужой."

(Roughly translated: "Yup, that's an alien.")

Never one to question the scientific expertise of the country that spawned Zangief, Riquelme issued the following statement to Peru's RPP news service:

It has a non-human appearance because the head is triangular and big, almost the same size as the body. At first we believed it to be a child's body until Spanish and Russian doctors came and confirmed that, yes, it's an extraterrestrial being.

Here in America however, we have a long and storied history of doubting the Russians, so I would like to posit the possibly controversial idea that maybe, just maybe, this is actually a human. I'm thinking it was a child who was either born with a horrific deformity or whose skull was shaped via primitive socioreligious ritual.

Granted, if Riquelme had been approached by adorable British scientists making the claim, I would probably be writing an alarmist warning against the imminent invasion of giant-headed extraterrestrials, but the Cold War only ended two decades back, so I'm pretty sure this is a communist ploy to steal our precious bodily fluids somehow.

Source: io9 [http://www.rpp.com.pe/2011-11-17-cusco-hallan-momia-no-humana-en-andahuaylillas-segun-antropologo-foto_423202_6.html#swfplayer]

Kinokohatake

Jul 11, 2010
I saw this the other day on my conspiracy site. I love how it says nothing about DNA testing just that "Yep it looks weird, has to be alien"

spasicle

Nov 9, 2009
A skull like this pops up every few years in central/south America and people proclaim aliens. It's well known that the ancient civilizations like inca/aztec/mayan/olmec would distort the heads of infants to make them bigger and elongated. It's how their gods are depicted and they want the children to look similar. This is just one of hundreds of deformed skulls found through-out burial sites.

Also, it was a child's remains. There are diseases that cause similar cranial deformity in children and they're fatal. Seems a little more likely than aliens.

xyrafhoan

Jan 11, 2010
They're STILL claiming these are alien skulls? Wasn't this all debunked ages ago? Damn those conspiracy theorists.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
This image pretty much sums up the news story.

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
Not an alien, pretty sure I read somewhere where they gave solid proof to why not, will link the site if I find it.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Don't be silly we all know aliens only ever land in America, so that can't be it.

I'm guessing elephantiasis or the age old tradition of bandaging children to disfigure them into a more "pleasing" form.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
Sassafrass said:
This image pretty much sums up the news story.

Awww, I wanted to be the one to post that image. Oh well. I want to know who these doctors were and where exactly they got their degrees from.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Having spent the entirety of my GCSE science classes making sexy eyes at a girl at the back of the class, and then proceeding to drop the subject completely, I feel perfectly qualified to state that the eye sockets look far too big, as do the teeth.

Not that I think its an alien, but that shit doesn't look particularly like a human skull that's just been distorted.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Didn't the people of Peru use to have an old practice of strapping boards to their children's heads to make them develop into different shapes over time?

EDIT:
spasicle said:
A skull like this pops up every few years in central/south America and people proclaim aliens. It's well known that the ancient civilizations like inca/aztec/mayan/olmec would distort the heads of infants to make them bigger and elongated. It's how their gods are depicted and they want the children to look similar. This is just one of hundreds of deformed skulls found through-out burial sites.

Also, it was a child's remains. There are diseases that cause similar cranial deformity in children and they're fatal. Seems a little more likely than aliens.
Curses, ninjad!