Introversion Comes to the Humble Bundle

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Introversion Comes to the Humble Bundle

If it's Tuesday, it must be time to announce the new Humble Introversion Bundle!

Truth be told, Tuesday has nothing to do with it, but there does seem to be an awful lot of Humble Bundles popping up these days. The Introversion [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/113626-Humble-Frozen-Synapse-Bundle-Breaks-a-Million]: Uplink, Darwinia, Multiwinia and Defcon.

And that's not all! As usual, folks who pony up more than the average bundle price will get some extra goodies for their money. This time around it's the fantastic Aquaria and Crayon Physics Deluxe, two wonderful titles that make this a truly primo package. But there's more - for Windows gamers, anyway. The Humble Introversion Bundle also includes two prototype tech demos, the Subversion City Generator that demonstrates the use of procedural generation to build a complete and detailed city environment, and the Voxel Tech Demo, which shows off destructible voxel buildings.

You're probably familiar with most of these games already but just in case you need a little coaxing, Darwinia, Aquaria and Crayon Physics Deluxe each won the Seumas McNally Grand Prize at the Independent Games Festival [http://www.igf.com/] in 2006, 2007 and 2008 respectively, while Defcon is possibly the most atmospheric, dreamily beautiful incinerate-the-planet game ever created. And with the average purchase price currently parked at $3.59... well, I don't think I need to say anymore.

As usual with Humble Bundles, payments can be divvied up in any portions between the developers, Child's Play, the EFF and the Humble Bundle folks themselves. And here's an interesting factoid for anyone who doubts that these pay-what-you-want deals are doing a major solid for a couple of good causes: Humble Bundles have so far raised more than $2.5 million for charity. So point yourself at humblebundle.com [http://www.humblebundle.com/] and do what needs to be done!

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
I don't really have much to say about this to be honest, apart from, ya know.

HELLS YEAH!!! I'MA GETTIN ME SOME DARWINIA AND MULTIWINIA(and some games that I don't really know anything about but that will hopefully be pretty cool too.)

Low Key

May 7, 2009
Days need to be longer than 24 hours with all of these new AAA game releases and Humble Bundles.

Sion_Barzahd

Jul 2, 2008
I've bought every humble bundle thats been out, they put some great games in them and you get to help charity, thats positive karma right there!

Jaeger_CDN

Aug 9, 2010
Uplink alone was worth it, I played that one to death before it went to Steam but never got around to rebuying it.

Skyrim, Saints Row, BF3(if I can get it to work for more than a around) and now this humble bundle... my wife is really going to get mad at me

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Ok I bought it for interest in two of the games. They will serve as my "when I get sick of RPGs" games.

Otherwise waiting on the steam sales.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Bobic said:

HELLS YEAH!!! I'MA GETTIN ME SOME DARWINIA AND MULTIWINIA(and some games that I don't really know anything about but that will hopefully be pretty cool too.)
Uplink is a game about hacking, with a minimal interface and logical "puzzle solving".

It's the most immersive game I've ever played.

It's the only game that's made my heart nearly explode with tension.

It was a considerable chunk of my childhood.

Also, death is permanent, so don't get lazy in destroying the evidence.

OT: I DON'T CARE THAT I HAVE HALF OF THESE ALREADY, I'M BUYING THE CRAP OUT OF THESE. I love Introversion to death. Besides, the demo for DEFCON was surreal to the point of feeling like it was drugs, so I have no issue forking over.

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
Wow, I really didn't think the Humble Bundles could get any better...

Shows what I know.

Because someone had to post this.​

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
lacktheknack said:
Bobic said:

Uplink is a game about hacking, with a minimal interface and logical "puzzle solving".

It's the most immersive game I've ever played.

It's the only game that's made my heart nearly explode with tension.

It was a considerable chunk of my childhood.

Also, death is permanent, so don't get lazy in destroying the evidence.

OT: I DON'T CARE THAT I HAVE HALF OF THESE ALREADY, I'M BUYING THE CRAP OUT OF THESE. I love Introversion to death. Besides, the demo for DEFCON was surreal to the point of feeling like it was drugs, so I have no issue forking over.
Yeah, I checked the steam store pages for them, they seem pretty cool and, well, unique. I also payed above average to get those other 2 games, I'm not overly interested in them but Aquaria could surprise me. And at such a ridiculously low price, who cares?

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Never played any of these games, but I've heard they're good.
Looking forward to playing em.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Ah, damn. I've got only 1 network bank thingy, and they aren't using it. I guess I'm screwed.
Also, i love the adverts for these bundles, they're always quite funny. Hope they'll get a load of money, this time, too!

harvz

Jun 20, 2010
have they actually set a minimum price yet or are there still dicks who are paying 1c?

Logie--bear

TARDIS Stalker
Feb 2, 2008
Oh man. I've nearly bought a retail copy of Defcon so many times before. Glad I waited :) Amazingly moving game. Why wouldn't you pay above the average? Chances are there'll be 3 more games added during the next week.

EmperorSubcutaneous

Dec 22, 2010
I bought it, mostly for Aquaria. Which I'm really, really enjoying so far.

Crayon Physics and Uplink coming up next; don't have much interest in Darwinia and DEFCON, but I might check them out when I'm bored.

Wondering why I didn't get in on this Humble Indie Bundle thing sooner.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Sober Thal said:
I didn't like Darwinia, and the hacking game/missile commander ones look boring.
I understand disliking Darwinia (it was WEIRD), but trust me, the other two aren't boring. I played the full version of Uplink as a kid, and it remains the most tense game I've ever played, bar none. I've only played the demo of DEFCON (I'll remedy that when I have time), but it was the most depressing demo I've ever played, in a good way.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
With all of these ridiculously good deals on indie games going around, it seems like I'm just collecting games now. I don't get a lot of time to play them, and there are at least a couple dozen games I have yet to even install.

Still, I'd rather have a flood than a drought.

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
harvz said:
have they actually set a minimum price yet or are there still dicks who are paying 1c?
You can still pay 1c, but to get bonus games (in this case Aquaria and Crayon Physics) you need to pay more than the average price other people have paid (which at time of writing was $3.73). Since people will pay above the average to get the bonus games, that means the average gets higher an higher over time.