Peter Molyneux's Evil Twitter Twin Silenced

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Peter Molyneux's Evil Twitter Twin Silenced

The man behind Peter Molydeux the hilarious parody Twitter account that skewers Fable developer Peter Molyneux, explains why Twitter has suspended his account.

@petermolydeux, for those who missed our earlier coverage [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114221-Molyneux-Satire-Spawns-Survival-Horror-Bowling-Game], was an affectionate, if occasionally cruel, parody of errant creative visionary Peter Molyneux. It was maintained by an actual game developer, a 3D environment artist who has, apparently, worked on a total of 15 games from several studios. I use "was" in this case, because Twitter suspended the account earlier this week.

"I've been in discussion with a few people at Lionhead," said the developer. "Their general thoughts regarding the account seem to be positive, but it's looking like they want me to change the use of the logo in the videos I've created, and to make it even more clear in my bio that the account is fake."

At this point you may be tempted to start banging your head on the table, because "that's not how parody works", but to be fair, the internet is full of shambling, barely-coherent morons, and it turns out Lionhead has been receiving actual inquires about the faux concept video for Peter Molydeux's (note the 'D') Cascore. Cascore in case you weren't paying attention, was a survival-horror bowling game. The concept video has been removed from Youtube.

Honestly, the idea that at least some of the account's fifteen thousand followers weren't in on the joke, and took tweets like "You know, my dream for gaming is where in one you'll shoot someone and then during a game of say Fifa you'll see their son crying" at face value fills me haughty mirth. "It highlights just how insane the thought of any of this being real actually is", said the developer.

The developer is willing to make the changes demanded by Lionhead as soon as Twitter reopens his account. "I just wish Lionhead had got in touch with me first so this mess could have been avoided," he added.

Source: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5862454/why-was-peter-molyneuxs-fake-twitter-account-silenced]

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
<link=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.324040-Peter-Molydeux-is-gone>I totally beat you guys to this. DAYS ago.

It is sad. But it gives me hope that it may be reopened! :D

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
I can't find the video anymore... but I am hoping that someone will actually make that game, perhaps as a mini-game inside of Lionhead project at some point at the very least. After all we did eventually see a version of Polybius surface.... and an episode of Candle Cove for that matter (and how I missed that show, too bad I can't get a collection on DVD).

Truthfully I find it kind of sad overall, for all the comments that Lionhead were cool with this, in the end it seems to come back to them not being all that cool with it, since the Twitter got pulled.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
Matthew94 said:
Deux this mean that the joke is over?

Meh, inb4 better deux jokes if any.
It must be the future, because now he's...

*Puts on sunglasses*

Deux EX
...Oh God. That was spectacular in all the wrong ways.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
"You know, my dream for gaming is where in one you'll shoot someone and then during a game of say Fifa you'll see their son crying"
I saw that quote being attributed to Molyneux on a reputable website once, I just can't remember which.

sturryz

Nov 17, 2007
How do they know they killed the evil twin and not the good twin? ever wonder that?

Ubermetalhed

Sep 15, 2009
teh_Canape said:
Redlin5 said:
I wonder if anyone saved that youtube video...
Therumancer said:

I'm still trying to get the name of the song, though =P
That actually looks like a fantastic concept. Seriously a survival horror bowling game would be brilliant. Sounds like something Shinji Migami or Suda 51 would have thought of.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
SirBryghtside said:
I only recently found out about this, good to see Lionhead aren't taking it too seriously - publishers: take notes!
DVS BSTrD said:
Matthew94 said:

*Puts on sunglasses*

Deux EX
Deuxché
The legendary triple pun! I've only pulled that off once...

I'll have to save this for later.

xxcloud417xx

Oct 22, 2008
SirBryghtside said:
I only recently found out about this, good to see Lionhead aren't taking it too seriously - publishers: take notes!
DVS BSTrD said:
Matthew94 said:

*Puts on sunglasses*

Deux EX
Deuxché
You all seriously sound like Deuxchbags...

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
Therumancer said:
episode of Candle Cove for that matter (and how I missed that show, too bad I can't get a collection on DVD).
I still take it a bad sign the fact that I remember passing by an old show with the same title.
I never had the heart or motivation to see what it was about...

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS?!
Oh well... this is... well was hilarious.
Love the CasCore trailer :p
Shame it's been taking down (the twitter account and all that jazz)